become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Disability_Resources
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Washington, DC: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
- Coalition of agencies serving people with disabilities.
Advocates for Justice and Education, Inc.
- Works to educate and train parents, and those working with parents about the laws that govern the education of children with disabilities or conditions that impede their ability to learn and successfully matriculate through the public school system. Includes programs, workshops, events and employment opportunities.
- Assists people with disabilities in living independently.
- Works to prepare people with severe and persistent mental illness to work and live independently. Include programs, services, employment opportunities and membership information.
L'Arche Washington, DC
- Offers permanent special needs housing for men and women with developmental disabilities. Includes membership information, news and events.
National Alliance for the Mentally Ill DC
- Facilitates self-help groups for mental health consumers, family members and friends. Features support groups.
Quality Trust for Individuals with Disabilities, Inc.
- Works to advance the individual and collective interests of consumers with developmental disabilities and mental retardation. Includes news, employment opportunities, staff profiles, events and a newsletter.
Regional Disabilities Resources
- Provides local transit information for persons with disabilities.
- Provides job training, placement, coaching, and follow-along services to people with severe developmental and physical disabilities.
University Legal Services Assistive Technology Program for the District of Columbia - ULS/ATPDC
- Works to improve the District's capacity to provide appropriate assistive technology devices and services for all Washingtonians with disabilities. Includes programs, services, calendar and newsletter. [English, Spanish]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 14, 2013 at 19:28:54 UTC -