become an editor
the entire directory
only in Washington,_DC/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Mid-Atlantic: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Northeast: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture
This category in other languages:
- Overview of adoption law in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC.
Bikes for the World
- A Washington Area Bicyclist Association project to collect unwanted bicycles and deliver them to community development programs assisting the poor in developing countries or in the Washington DC metropolitan area.
Coalition for Smarter Growth
- Group working to ensure that transportation and development decisions accommodate growth while revitalizing communities, providing more housing and travel choices, and conserving natural and historic areas.
- Discussion community for area residents.
- A nonprofit organization dedicated to addressing important public policy questions. Profile, weblog, services and how to become involved.
DC Fiscal Policy Institute
- Conducts research and public education on budget and tax issues in the District of Columbia, with a particular emphasis on issues that affect low- and moderate-income residents.
- Site for area members of the alt.smokers.cigars newsgroup includes information on upcoming events, newsletters, and member photos.
- Weblog, news and events, restaurants and nightlife, happenings, goings-on and observations from a group of residents.
- Loose association of dad groups in the Washington DC area. Playgroups, events, photographs, resources and related links, and information about local chapters.
District of Columbia Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Provides education and training, individual and systems advocacy, conducts research, and serves as a local and national resource on domestic violence. History, statistics and events.
The Divas of DC
- Hosts programs where young adults get together for movies, parties, book clubs, theatre, dinner, and sporting activities. Features news, groups and events.
Greater Washington Urban League Parent Center
- Works to establish a way to directly impact parenting skills development and to provide parents with information on resources and activities within the community. Features resources, internship and volunteer opportunities, community guides and a calendar.
- Founded to serve the needs of inmates who have been taken to prisons far from the district. Programs, photo galleries and stories of hope.
The ManKind Project of Greater Washington, Inc
- Offers weekend training for men to help them lead richer, fuller lives. Group purpose, testimonials, and training schedule.
The March For Life Fund
- March in support of the right to life for each human being. Overview of events at yearly march, and contact details.
National Internship Program in Feminism and Public Policy
- Internship program affording a unique opportunity to combine research and action while working at the national level for women's rights.
Washington Area Community Investment Fund
- A nonprofit community development financial institution (CDFI) dedicated to providing loans and technical assistance for community and economic development.
Washington DC Message Boards
- Community discussion forum for the metro area.
Washington Family Magazine
- A resource for parents and families in the Washington, DC region. Includes topical resource guides, articles and calendar of events.
- Parenting resource with a calendar of local events.
Washington Post: Growing Pains
- A four-part series on urban sprawl in the Washington area and attempts to control it, with additional related articles from the Post's archives.
Yahoo! Groups: Weblogs Social DC
- Chat group for bloggers in the Washington, DC, area.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 20, 2013 at 3:42:33 UTC -