become an editor
the entire directory
only in Washington,_DC/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Zoos and Aquariums
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Mid-Atlantic: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Northeast: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Audubon Naturalist Society
- Independent conservation organization serving the Washington D.C. metropolitan region. Find programs, classes, current issues, news, and information about sanctuaries in Maryland and Virginia.
Biodiversity Database of the Washington, D.C., Area
- Searchable database of information and images. Includes organisms and regional nature and preservation areas in the D.C. area.
Bushmeat Crisis Task Force
- Headquarters for consortium of conservation organizations and scientists dedicated to the conservation of wildlife populations threatened by commercial hunting of wildlife for sale as meat.
Casey Trees Endowment Fund
- A project to restore the tree canopy of Washington, DC, administered by the Garden Clubs of America. Includes a review of the street tree inventory carried out in 2002.
D.C. Science Writers Association
- An organization of science writers and editors from nearly all the major news outlets in the Washington area that meets monthly for tours, symposia, and professional development.
DC Department of Health - Environmental Health Administration
- Works to prevent and control environmentally related diseases while protecting and preserving the ecological system in the district. Features a guide to the bureaus and divisions that make up the Administration.
- Non-profit organization supports projects and provides information on low-impact storm water management and urban forestry. Includes information on green roofs, rain gardens, and tree care.
- Photo galleries of DC area wildlife created by a local group of nature photographers.
District Department of the Environment
- Promotes energy efficiency through conservation, education, and fuel assistance programs and by regulatory intervention. Includes consumer information, a description of agency programs, a guide to resources in its library, an events calendar, and links to related sites.
Flora of the Washington-Baltimore Area
- Offers information about flora native to the area. Includes a specimen database, projects, spring flowering records and a gallery.
FORCE - Friends of Rock Creek's Environment
- Nonprofit organization promotes a healthy and sustainable Rock Creek watershed. Has news, information and links.
Friends of the Earth DC Environmental Network
- A consortium of conservation organizations that meets regularly to focus on environmental problems specific to the region, exchange information, and coordinate strategies. Includes background documents [PDF].
HowStuffWorks: Exploding Manholes
- Information on the frequent mishaps under the streets of the city.
Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission
- Acquires, develops, maintains and administers a regional system of parks in Montgomery and Prince George's Counties in Maryland.
National Capital Area Skeptics
- Group promoting critical thinking and scientific understanding. Includes information about events, newsletters, and a document library.
The Nature Conservancy - Maryland/District of Columbia
- Works to protect critical natural lands. Features places protected, events, news and volunteer opportunities.
Pre-Columbian Society of Washington, DC
- Promotes interest in Pre-Columbian cultures through annual symposia, monthly meetings, and a newsletter. Includes newsletter index.
Sierra Club: Washington, DC Chapter
- News and issue information from the local chapter of the environmental organization.
Urban Land Institute
- Non-profit research and education organization focusing on the use of land to enhance the environment.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 22, 2014 at 7:45:06 UTC -