become an editor
the entire directory
only in Washington,_DC/Health
Beauty and Cosmetic Services
Conditions and Diseases
Home Health Care Providers
Physicians and Clinics
Regional: North America: United States: Health
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Mid-Atlantic: Health
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Northeast: Health
- Find out about medical and nursing care, programs, job openings, and news releases. Formerly Hospice of Northern Virginia, Hospice of Prince George's County and Hospice Care of DC.
Consumer Health Foundation
- A private, nonprofit charitable organization that provides grants to local grassroots and community-based organizations in the metropolitan Washington DC area that focus on improving health and healthcare.
DC Firefighters Burn Foundation
- Non-profit organization founded by active and retired firefighters to assist the recovery and rehabilitation of injured colleagues and burn patients. Includes list of services, details of fundraising events, and membership information.
Department of Health
- Describes the agency's programs, such as addiction, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, medical insurance, preventive health, and environmental services. Includes a calendar of events, health alerts, news releases, reports, and information on licenses and on birth and death certificates.
Healthy Babies Project, Inc.
- Aims to reduce the dangerously high rates of infant deaths, illnesses, and low birth weight by reaching out to high-risk, low-income, substance-abusing pregnant women and their families.
Kaiser Family Foundation - State Health Facts Online
- Offers health facts and statistics. Includes information on topics such as health coverage, costs, managed care, minority and women's health and HIV/AIDS.
NeuroComm Speech Pathology Services, LLC
- Family-focused private practice of speech-language pathologists. Includes school-age child checklist, age levels when specific sounds should emerge, programs, staff profiles and references.
Personal Reminiscences and Recollections of Forty-six Years' Membership in the Medical Society of the District of Columbia
- By Samuel C. Busey. 1895 account of 19th century medical history in the city by a local physician. Digitized full text (373 pages) of the original 1895 edition by Google Books.
Report of the Commissioners of the District of Columbia for the Year Ended June 30, 1902: Vol. III, Report of the Health Officer
- Official health statistics and reports. Digitized full text (277 pages) of the original 1902 edition from Google Books.
Ronald McDonald House
- Provides a home away from home for families of seriously ill children.
Washington Regional Transplant Community
- Information about organ donation.
William Wendt Center for Loss and Healing
- Works to ease the impact of illness, loss and bereavement through direct services, education and advocacy.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 10, 2014 at 6:15:13 UTC -