become an editor
the entire directory
only in Washington,_DC/Education
Colleges and Universities
English as a Second Language
Public Charter Schools
Regional: North America: United States: Maryland: Education
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Northeast: Education
Regional: North America: United States: Virginia: Education
This category in other languages:
Academy of Hope
- Helps low-income and at-risk adults earn high school credentials, improve math and reading skills, and learn how to use and apply computer technologies. Includes programs and services, news, volunteer opportunities and directions.
American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Includes news, publications, meetings, teacher preparation information, professional development, and state chapters.
Asian American LEAD
- AALEAD provides mentoring and other services for Asian American students.
The Black Student Fund
- Offers scholarships and support to low-income African-American children at participating schools, grades K-12, in the metropolitan area. Features programs, news, member schools and events.
Carlos Rosario International School
- An adult charter school for members of immigrant communities in Washington. Provides training in English as a Second Language, literacy, GED, citizenship and computer applications.
Children & Youth Investment Trust Corporation
- An independent non-profit organization working to increase the quality, quantity and accessibility of services for children, youth and families. Program details and grant process.
- Helps prepare DC public school students for college through tutoring, mentoring and scholarship programs. Information on enrolling, volunteering, donating, and scholarships.
The Collins Foundation
- Provides scholarship grants to Catholic high school students living in the Archdiocese of Washington, DC.
DC Teaching Fellows
- Program recruits professional teachers to teach in the DC public schools. Fellows hold full-time teacher jobs while earning their certification and Masters' degrees. Applications accepted online.
District of Columbia College Access Program - DC CAP
- Encourages and enables public high school students to enter and graduate from college. Includes services, guides for students and parents, financial aid information, news and events.
The Enrichment Centers, Inc.
- Provides after school, summer and fall tutoring from locations in MD and Northern VA. Profile, programs, fees and online registration.
Everybody Wins! DC
- Non-profit organization that promotes children's literacy by pairing students with reading mentors. Includes program description and newsletter.
Fredrick B. Abramson Memorial Foundation
- Awards college scholarships to DC public high school students and fellowships to young lawyers for a year of public-interest legal service.
Hands On DC
- Volunteer workathon to improve public schools and raise college scholarship for local students.
Higher Achievement Program
- Developing academic skills, behaviors, and attitudes in academically motivated and underserved middle school children. Program, organization, volunteering, results and center locations.
ICLS Language Training Services
- ICLS offers courses in ESL and over 70 languages, TOEFL preparation, and evening programs in English, Spanish and French.
Lado International College
- English language school both for those trying to learn English and those seeking the TEFL teaching certificate.
- Spanish language instructional programs and tutoring in the Washington, DC, area.
Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center
- Works with schools and programs to meet the needs of students in literacy, family involvement, and transition from school to career. Organization's history, frequently asked questions, annual reports, and information on employment.
Les Aspin Center for Government
- Enrolls students for a semester or the summer to take classes and intern in Washington. Founded by Marquette University. Includes application information, faculty listing, and program description.
Literacy Volunteers of the National Capital Area
- Provides free tutoring to adults who cannot read. Features volunteer opportunities and events.
- A private, nonprofit organization that pairs Washington, DC public high school students with trained adult mentors.
- Strives to inspire and motivate children within the classroom structure to immerse themselves in the wonders of science and math.
The SEED Foundation
- a national nonprofit that partners with urban communities to provide innovative educational opportunities. History, information about SEED schools and how to help.
Spanish Education Development Center
- Non-profit organization dedicated to designing and implementing educational programs for the low-income residents of the DC metro area. Programs are primarily for immigrants from Latin America. Pre-school, adult education, and volunteer opportunities.
Takoma Children's School
- Progressive year-round preschool serving 2 to 5 year-old children and their families with part-time through full-day options. Includes information about activities, tuition, calendar, staff and events.
Tenley Study Center
- Offers programs for young men between the ages of 15 and 25, including SAT preparation and academic review of math and English, followed by character-building lectures and sports.
Twenty-First Century School Fund
- Organization dedicated to building the public will and capacity to improve urban public school facilities. History, programs, news and publications.
Washington Arlington Catholic Forensic League
- Debate and speech league open to all schools in the metro area. Includes constitution, tournaments, membership, and schedule.
Washington Post: Education
- News articles and columns on education in the area.
Washington Post: Fixing D.C.'s Schools
- A series of investigative articles about the problems of the DC school system.
Washington Post: School Readiness Primer
- Describes kindergarten programs in Washington, DC, metro area schools.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 18, 2016 at 3:14:22 UTC -