become an editor
the entire directory
only in Historic_Buildings/Capitol
Arts and Entertainment
Dome and Rotunda
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Legislative Branch
Regional: North America: United States: Washington, DC: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Society: History: By Region: North America: United States: Historic Places
U.S. Capitol Visitor Center
- Includes exhibits, hours, history of the center and resources for educators.
Conserving the Nation's Capitol
- Article from the University of Delaware Messenger about 1972 graduate Bill Allen who is architectural historian for the U.S.Capitol Building. Describes background, achievements and job.
Great Buildings Online: United States Capitol
- Shown are drawings, photos and aerial views.
Photo Tour of Abraham Lincoln in the U.S. Capitol
- Includes text and photos of what Lincoln would have seen of the Capitol at various times of his life.
Temple of Liberty: Building the Capitol for a New Nation
- Exhibit from the Library of Congress. Includes drawings, graphics and text about the steps in building and designing the Capitol.
U.S. Capitol - A Virtual Tour
- Interactive tour of the Capitol, including panoramic views and historical information on the various chambers, major events which have unfolded there, and the objects therein.
The United States Capitol
- Official site maintained by the Architect of the Capitol provides historic and current information on the function and architecture of the Capitol, House and Senate buildings, and surrounding grounds.
United States Capitol Historical Society
- Promotes the history of the Capitol and Congress and serves as an informational and educational resource. Includes membership information, an education center, history, exhibits and a gift shop.
The Vigilant Citizen: Mystical Sites - U.S. Capitol
- Probes the occult symbols at the US Capitol. Includes photos and descriptions.
World Architecture Images: U.S. Capitol
- History, graphics and photos of the Capitol.
TheHill.com: Smackdown in Statuary Hall
- Article on misinformation given out by tour guides and staff at the Capitol. (October 16, 2007)
CNN: Effort to 'Green' U.S. Capitol Complicated by Coal
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's plan to make the U.S. Capitol complex environmentally friendly is being hampered by the reluctance of lawmakers from coal-producing states to implement changes at the complex's coal-burning power plant. (May 11, 2007)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 16, 2015 at 19:01:18 UTC -