become an editor
the entire directory
only in Virginia/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Virginia: Science and Environment
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Appalachia: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Mid-Atlantic: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Northeast: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: South and Southeast: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Center for Watershed Protection
- The Center for Watershed Protection provides technical assistance for implementing state of the art plans in watershed restoration, stormwater management and better site design.
Elizabeth River Project
- Elizabeth River Project partners with the community, businesses and government agencies to promote restoration of the Elizabeth River.
Philpott Lake Nature Trail Tree Id Markers
- Public educational site for tree identification by markers with photos and description of trees along the trail.
The Assateague Naturalist
- Information on the plants and animals of Assateague Island. Also includes information on events, lodging and weather.
The Geology of Virginia
- Includes the geology of the state by province (descriptions, diagrams, maps, photographs, and geologic history of the Appalachian Plateau, Valley and Ridge, Blue Ridge, Piedmont, and Atlantic Coastal Plain provinces) and special topics such as natural hazards and geology of historic places.
Virginia Academy of Science
- Association of persons and organizations interested in science and scientific research. Information about meetings, other programs, and the Virginia Junior Academy of Science.
Virginia Conservation Network
- Coalition of organizations devoted to advancing an environmentally sound vision for the state. Includes extensive news and information on issues.
Virginia Forest Watch
- View mission statement and latest news.
Virginia Native Plant Society
- Organized to further appreciation and conservation of the state's native plants and habitats. Includes information and links about wildflowers, field trips, plant sales, other activities, efforts to eradicate invasive species, and related topics.
Virginia Urban Forest Council
- Promotes good stewardship of the state's urban and community forests and trees. Includes organization information and advice on tree care.
- Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries site, with bird and wildlife information databases, information about habitat improvement projects, plans for the state Birding and Wildlife Trail, wildlife disease reports, and related topics.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, May 29, 2010 5:45:05 AM EDT -