Poquoson, Indian for "low, flat, marshland" was founded by a land patent to Christopher Calthrope in 1632. The city was a part of York County until 1952 when it broke off into a separate town, the city was chartered in 1975. Population is just over 11,500 and the city is located between the Poquoson and Back Rivers north of Hampton and east of the southern tip of York County.
Related categories 1
Last update:July 3, 2016 at 8:15:06 UTC