become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/History
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Vermont: Society and Culture: History
Lake Champlain Quadricentennial
- From the 1902 Vermont Legislative Directory. Biographical information includes Federal Officers, Congressional Delegates, Judges, Members of the Executive Department, State Senate and House of Representatives.
Freedom and Unity
- An online tour based on the Vermont Historical Society's exhibition in Montpelier.
The History of Vermont Skiing: One Hundred Years of Growth
- In depth article written by Jeremy Davis.
Lake Champlain and Lake George History
- Details historic events that took place during French and Indian War, American Revolution and War of 1812.
The Population of Vermont
- History of the state's Indian tribes, early settlers, and more recent immigrants. With a county map.
The Vermont Archaeological Society
- Non-profit organization of professionals and non-professionals committed to archaeology. Publications, activities, officers, directors.
Vermont Division For Historic Preservation
- Public agency designated as the advocate for historic and prehistoric properties. Provides information on the Downtown Program, historic registers and sites, and project reviews.
Vermont Heritage Network
- Stimulating awareness and appreciation of Vermont's cultural heritage and built environment.
Vermont Historical Society
- Collects artifacts, books, and documents that reflect the entire history of the state, every geographical area, and every chronological period.
- A collection of Vermont historical events and Vermont biographies.
Vermont History and Statistics
- Who was the first woman mayor in America? What state first declared independence from England? Learn these facts and more through the Discover America trip. Pictures, special stamps, fun facts.
Vermont Old Cemetery Association
- Nonprofit organization founded in 1958 encouraging the restoration and preservation of neglected and abandoned Vermont cemeteries.
VHS: The Underground Railroad Project
- In addition to research materials, includes teaching packet, Vermont timeline and glossary.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:24:04 AM EDT -