become an editor
the entire directory
only in Vermont/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Clubs and Lodges
Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: New England: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Regional: North America: United States: Vermont
Agency of Human Services - 2006 Community Profiles
- Report latest-available data, over time, on over 60 indicators of individual, family and community wellbeing. By Supervisory Union, available in PDF format.
Center for Rural Studies
- Nonprofit, fee-for-service research organization which addresses social, economic, and resource-based problems of rural people and communities.
Community Action in Southwestern Vermont (BROC)
- Committed to empower, support and educate individuals and families. provides information on nutrition, housing and education.
Council on the Future of Vermont
- Organization working to compile Vermonter's thoughts on important issues facing the State. Online discussions, survey, community forums and events.
Department for Children and Families
- Administers state and federal programs such as Medicaid, Food Stamps, and Reach Up to assist eligible Vermonters in need.
Dismas of Vermont, Inc.
- Information on residential communities for former prisoners and volunteer college students. Provides history, staff listing and press release.
Hunger Free Vermont
- Events, programs, hunger statistics and information on the nonprofit, member-supported organization that provides communities with information, organizing support, technical assistance, and resources to create and sustain local programs that provide food to families in need.
Make a Wish Foundation of Vermont
- Grants wishes to children who are living with a life-threatening illness. Features information about volunteering, fundraisers, donations, newsletter, events, and referrals.
Netstate: Vermont Symbols and Emblems
- List and information on state symbols, and emblems.
- Profiles local residents and offers discussion forums for issues concerning the state.
Stately Knowledge: Vermont
- Almanac-type information and basic facts on the state from the Internet Public Library.
Tibetan Association of Vermont
- Organization to preserve and promote Tibetan culture, religion and language while educating Americans about the situation in Tibet.
Vermont Council on Rural Development
- Organization that is moving forward to help rural communities confront the challenges of the 21st century. Program details and online reports.
- News, volunteer needs, hunger facts, list of their events, and descriptions of their programs.
Vermont Humanities Council
- Provides humanities and literacy programs including grants, book discussions, and family literacy programs.
- Population, demographic and economic statistics compiled by the United States Census Bureau.
Vermont's Boundaries and Political Divisions
- Academic text describes and defines Vermont divisions covering towns, shire towns, counties and gores.
Vermont’s Amber Child Abduction Alert
- Provides program details, criteria and guidelines, contact resources and the citizen's role in the success of the program.
Wikipedia - Vermont
- History, social analysis and statistics.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 30, 2014 at 17:45:43 UTC -