become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Environmental_Organizations
Science and Environment
National Audubon Society
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species: Regional: North America: United States: Vermont
American Chestnut Foundation
- Not-for-profit organization to restore the American chestnut to Eastern forests through a scientific breeding program and cooperative research.
Clean Air - Cool Planet
- Non-profit organization dedicated to finding and promoting solutions to global warming. Includes resources and "toolkits" for educators.
Green Up Vermont
- Not-for-profit organization responsible for keeping the "Green Up" tradition growing. Information by town, poster contest and sponsor list.
Hazen's Notch Association
- The HNA is a non-profit environmental education, recreation and conservation organization located in Montgomery, Vermont.
Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Locally guided agency of the federal government helps manage and protect natural resources, including watersheds and wildlife.
Nature Conservancy of Vermont
- Assisted in the protection of well over 188,000 acres of the state's most ecologically significant natural areas.
Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC)
- Part of the Agency of Natural Resources. Programs include: water quality, water supply, wastewater, hazardous waste, solid waste, air quality, environmental permits, environmental assistance and stormwater management.
Vermont Family Forests
- Non-profit conservation organization that promotes the conservation of forest community health. Provides educational programs, current research projects and ecoforestry supplies.
Vermont Housing and Conservation Board
- Creating affordable housing, conserving agricultural and recreational lands, natural areas and historic properties.
Vermont Natural Resources Council
- Statewide environmental organization dedicated to protecting our environment through research, education and advocacy.
Vermont Public Interest Research Group
- Protects consumer interests and preserves the state's environment.
Vermont Youth Conservation Corps
- A non-profit organization employing teams of young adults who work and study under adult leadership to complete conservation and park management projects on public lands.
Vermonters for a Clean Environment
- A coalition of citizens united in the belief that the state's future lies in conserving its clean, rural, small-town environment.
Yahoo Group: Association of Vermont Conservation Commissions
- Open to members of AVCC, Vermont Conservation Commissioners, and members of related organizations. Files include enabling legislation and how to establish a conservation fund for communities.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 11, 2014 at 18:24:12 UTC -