become an editor
the entire directory
only in Politics/Interest_Groups
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Society and Culture: Politics: Interest Groups
Citizens Against Lawsuit Abuse of Central Texas
- Focuses on lawsuit abuse and legal reform, with articles on medical malpractice, mold litigation, and other topics, and information on legislative and citizen action.
Drug Policy Forum of Texas (DPFT)
- Exposes the failures of the drug war and promotes more effective drug policies that increase children's safety while protecting citizen rights and meeting public health needs. Includes mailing list, links to local chapters, and ideas for action.
Free Market Foundation
- Works to limit government and to promote free enterprise and Judeo-Christian values. Includes press releases, and weekly issues alerts.
Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas
- Works to protect the state's open meetings and open records laws. Includes information about their legal hotline, press releases, calendar of events, and ordering information about their handbook and newsletter.
- Organization of voters looking for a change in the way political campaigns are conducted. Also serves as a primary source of information for independently minded voters.
Institute for Policy Innovation (IPI)
- A public policy institute based in Lewisville, Texas. IPI's focus is on approaches to governing that harness the strengths of individual liberty, limited government, and free markets.
- Proposes responsible campaign finance reform for one of only a few states that has neither contribution limits nor public financing. Includes a proposal, recent bills, and contact information for legislators.
Texans Against Lawsuit Abuse
- Group seeking to restrict tort litigation. Includes links to news stories, legislative updates, and links to related organizations.
Texans for Lawsuit Reform
- Advocating limits in the state's civil justice laws, including restricting punitive damages, and joint and several liability.
Texans for Public Justice
- Non-partisan, non-profit policy and research organization that tracks the influence of money in politics. Includes action alerts, membership form, reports, and other publications.
Texas Civil Justice League
- Seeking necessary changes in Texas tort laws to restore fairness and stability to the civil justice system. Includes membership information, board members, and publications.
Texas Eagle Forum
- Affiliate of Phyllis Schlafly's Eagle Forum encouraging conservative participation in public policy. Includes alerts, newsletters, and commentary.
Texas Immigrant and Refugee Coalition
- Statewide network for immigrant and refugee advocates to share information about public policy issues and to advocate for fair and equitable treatment. Includes mission statement and a list of staff and board of directors.
Texas Medical Association Political Action Committee (TEXPAC)
- Works to preserve the practice of medicine and physicians' control of medical decisions. Includes candidate endorsements, events, articles, and membership form.
Texas Teachers Vote
- Candidate surveys and voter registration information for teachers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, February 28, 2011 3:11:02 AM EST -