become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Society and Culture: Organizations
Junior Chamber International
Ku Klux Klan
Lions Clubs International
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: South and Southeast: Society and Culture: Organizations
Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Society and Culture: Clubs and Lodges
The American Institute for Catalan Studies (AICS)
- To promote scientific, literary, educational studies and offer information outreach about the socio-political aspects of Catalonia. Page includes list of publications and general resource information.
Black United Fund of Texas Inc.
- Culturally-based nonprofit creating opportunities for underserved communities throughout the state. Includes information on projects and annual schedule.
The Cailloux Foundation
- Grantmaking foundation, which also awards college scholarships to students in a portion of the Texas Hill Country. Includes information on grantmaking guidelines and scholarship application.
Cal Farley's Boys Ranch and Girlstown, U.S.A.
- Residential, basic care facilities that provide boys and girls ages 5-18 a variety of academic, vocational, spiritual and extra-curricular activities at no cost.
Center for Public Policy Priorities
- Non-partisan, non-profit policy research organization. Includes overview of policy areas, publications, and other products.
Commemorative Air Force
- An all-volunteer, non-profit organization whose purpose relates to the preservation, demonstration, and display of military aircraft through the ages.
Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas
- Grants wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses. Includes event schedule, stories of wish kids, volunteer opportunities, and information about corporate and individual giving.
Newcomers Club Directory for Texas
- A Texas directory of Newcomers Clubs, which help integrate new residents into the local community through social events, interest groups and children's activities.
North Texas Food Bank
- Distributes perishable and non-perishable items to food pantries, soup kitchens, and shelters in North Central Texas and Texoma. Newsletter, list of upcoming events, virtual food drive, list of agencies, and program information. Part of the America's Second Harvest network.
Save Texas Cemeteries, Inc.
- A statewide, educational organization to help save all cemeteries in the state of Texas from destruction. Headquarters in Austin. Includes contact information and an overview of the mission and related projects.
Special Olympics Texas
- Includes competitions, events, volunteers, torch run, sponsors, press releases and donation information.
Texas Association Against Sexual Assault
- Resources for survivors, victim services, information about membership, donations and volunteering, media guide, calendar of events, and staff contact information.
Texas Association of Community Action Agencies
- Works on advocacy, policy, programmatic, and legislative issues affecting families and communities, especially working against hunger. Includes board meeting schedule, membership information, calendar of events, and information about programs.
Texas Coalition for Adoption Resources and Education
- Advocates adoption laws that are in the best interest of all adoptees. Includes the Texas Adoption Registry, discussion forums, articles, newsletters and statistics.
Texas Council on Family Violence
- Information about where to get help, how to help, legislative and advocacy opportunities, membership, and employment.
Texas Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Advocates for abused and neglected children in the court system through the development, growth, and support of local CASA programs. Includes directory of local chapters, upcoming meetings and events, and child abuse fact sheets and resources.
Texas Crime Prevention Association
- News and information for citizens, including a list of crime prevention programs throughout the state of Texas.
Texas Downtown Association - TDA
- A statewide organization dedicated to supporting and assisting organizations and individuals committed to revitalizing centers throughout Texas.
Texas Folklife Resources
- A non-profit cultural organization dedicated to the celebration and perpetuation of the folk arts and folklife of the Lone Star State.
Texas Guardianship Association
- Mission is to help protect the dignity and well-being of incapacitated individuals.
Texas Homeless Network
- Committed to promoting effective service to homeless people by providing information, resources, and technical assistance to homeless service providers in Texas.
- An advocacy organization sponsored by Christian and Jewish groups in Texas which promotes public policies that enhance freedom, justice and economic opportunities for all people.
Texas Inmates Families Association
- Provides information for the inmates' family members and informs state elected officials and the general public about the effects of the criminal justice system upon the inmates' family members.
Texas Licensed Child Care Association (TLCCA)
- Offers membership information, a searchable directory, and legislative updates for licensed child care providers.
Texas Low Income Housing Information Service (TxLIHIS)
- Information about low income housing policy, needs, programs and issues in Texas. Special section on Texas-Mexico border housing conditions and colonia issues.
Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF)
- The Foundation's mission is to improve Texas government by generating academically sound research and data on state issues, and by recommending the findings to opinion leaders, policy makers, the media and general public. The work of the Foundation is conducted by academics across Texas and is funded by hundreds of individuals, foundations and corporations.
Texas Right to Life Committee
- The statewide organization in Texas dedicated to promoting the right to life.
Texas State 4-H
- All about 4-H in Texas including who we are, what's happening, how to get involved, links, resources, agent information, pictures, news, and announcements.
Yahoo Group: From the Heart of Texas
- Knitting, crocheting, and sewing for charity. Includes pattern directory.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 4, 2014 at 6:15:09 UTC -