become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Junior Chamber International
Ku Klux Klan
Lions Clubs International
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: South and Southeast: Society and Culture: Organizations
Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Society and Culture: Clubs and Lodges
The Cailloux Foundation
- Grantmaking foundation, which also awards college scholarships to students in a portion of the Texas Hill Country. Includes information on grantmaking guidelines and scholarship application.
Make-A-Wish Foundation of North Texas
- Grants wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses. Includes event schedule, stories of wish kids, volunteer opportunities, and information about corporate and individual giving.
North Texas Food Bank
- Distributes perishable and non-perishable items to food pantries, soup kitchens, and shelters in North Central Texas and Texoma. Newsletter, list of upcoming events, virtual food drive, list of agencies, and program information. Part of the America's Second Harvest network.
Special Olympics Texas
- Includes competitions, events, volunteers, torch run, sponsors, press releases and donation information.
Texas Association Against Sexual Assault
- Resources for survivors, victim services, information about membership, donations and volunteering, media guide, calendar of events, and staff contact information.
Texas Council on Family Violence
- Information about where to get help, how to help, legislative and advocacy opportunities, membership, and employment.
Texas Crime Prevention Association
- News and information for citizens, including a list of crime prevention programs throughout the state of Texas.
Texas Folklife Resources
- A non-profit cultural organization dedicated to the celebration and perpetuation of the folk arts and folklife of the Lone Star State.
Texas Guardianship Association
- Mission is to help protect the dignity and well-being of incapacitated individuals.
Texas Homeless Network
- Committed to promoting effective service to homeless people by providing information, resources, and technical assistance to homeless service providers in Texas.
- An advocacy organization sponsored by Christian and Jewish groups in Texas which promotes public policies that enhance freedom, justice and economic opportunities for all people.
Texas Inmates Families Association
- Provides information for the inmates' family members and informs state elected officials and the general public about the effects of the criminal justice system upon the inmates' family members.
Texas Licensed Child Care Association (TLCCA)
- Offers membership information, a searchable directory, and legislative updates for licensed child care providers.
Texas Low Income Housing Information Service (TxLIHIS)
- Information about low income housing policy, needs, programs and issues in Texas. Special section on Texas-Mexico border housing conditions and colonia issues.
Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF)
- The Foundation's mission is to improve Texas government by generating academically sound research and data on state issues, and by recommending the findings to opinion leaders, policy makers, the media and general public. The work of the Foundation is conducted by academics across Texas and is funded by hundreds of individuals, foundations and corporations.
Texas Right to Life Committee
- The statewide organization in Texas dedicated to promoting the right to life.
Yahoo Group: From the Heart of Texas
- Knitting, crocheting, and sewing for charity. Includes pattern directory.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 19, 2016 at 0:37:40 UTC -