become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Water_Resources
Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment: Water Resources
Angelina-Neches River Authority
- Based in Lufkin, includes parts of 17 counties. Includes information on managed lakes, clean rivers, utilities and composting programs.
Brazos River Authority
- Develops and distributes water supplies, provides water and wastewater treatment, monitors water quality, and pursues water conservation through public education programs.
Canadian River Municipal Water Authority
- Current lake level, contact information, and links.
Colorado River Foundation
- Supports programs to clean up the river and develop public awareness of the quality of life provided by the river. River reports, waste collection projects, and a calendar of events.
The Edwards Aquifer
- Information about one of the world's most well-known aquifers. Features graphs and charts, images, essays, and photos that describe how the aquifer formed.
Edwards Aquifer Authority
- Covers Uvalde, Medina and Bexar counties, plus parts of four others. Includes water data, meeting and hearing dates, planning documents, regulations, and overview of aquifer and of organization.
Guadalupe-Blanco River Authority
- Based in Seguin, includes parts of 10 counties from Kendall to Calhoun and Refugio. Includes information on board, staff, and departments, water and recreation facilities, and water quality data.
Lavaca Navidad River Authority
- Based in Edna, covers parts of 9 counties to Lavaca Bay. Includes map, water quality and flow data, management plans and regional planning, and staff contacts.
Lower Colorado River Authority
- Develops and distributes water supplies, provides water and wastewater treatment, monitors quality, and pursues conservation through public education programs.
Lower Neches Valley Authority
- Headquartered in Beaumont, operates in Tyler, Hardin, Liberty, Chambers and Jefferson Counties. Includes information on conservation, utility, and economic development programs, with water quality data and staff organization.
Nueces River Authority
- Headquartered in Uvalde, covers parts of 22 counties. Includes photos, descriptions of key projects, water quality and level statistics, and staff contact information.
- Water-resources data from thousands of collection points across the state. Includes realtime flow and levels for surface and ground water, and water quality data.
Sabine River Authority of Texas
- Governmental agency of the State of Texas created as a conservation and reclamation district with responsibilities to control, store, preserve, and distribute the waters of the Sabine River and its tributary system for useful purposes. Headquarters in Orange, Texas.
San Antonio River Authority
- Includes meetings and citizen comment opportunities, organization, and reports and information on water quality and levels. Headquartered in San Antonio, covers Medina and San Antonio rivershed in 8 counties from Bandera to Goliad.
San Jacinto River Authority
- Includes current conditions, news, fact sheets about water terms, and photos.
Sulphur River Basin Authority
- Maps, meeting times, and information on water quality, and Clean Rivers Program. Headquartered in Texarkana, covers parts of 10 counties from Fannin to Cass.
Texas Alliance of Groundwater Districts
- (Formerly the Texas Groundwater Conservation Districts Association.) Information on meetings, publications and operating manuals, and aquifer maps.
Texas Groundwater Protection Committee
- Consortium of state agencies and the Texas Association of Groundwater Districts, protecting groundwater resources. Information on Committee meetings and publications, with resources on wells, septic, pesticides and other issues.
Texas Water Development Board
- State agency charged with statewide water planning and administration of low-cost financial programs for the planning, design and construction of water supply, wastewater treatment, flood control and agricultural water conservation projects.
Texas Water Matters
- Works to ensure adequate water for environmental and human consumptive needs, reduce future demand for water, educated decision-makers, and involve citizens. Includes information about groundwater, planning, conservation, and economics.
Texas Water Resources Institute
- Serves as a focal point for water-related research at Texas universities, encouraging discussion of statewide issues through meetings and multi-university studies. Includes calendar of events, newsletters, and reports.
Texas Waters Data
- Information provided by Texas Parks and Wildlife on water conservation, drought data, wetlands, coastal studies, water data access, reports, and publications.
Trinity River Authority
- Information on facilities, regional planning and environmental monitoring, recreation, water conditions, and employment. Based in Arlington, covers 17 counties from Tarrant to Liberty.
Upper Colorado River Authority
- Current conditions, information about the Clean Rivers program, photos, and resources.
Upper Guadalupe River Authority
- Includes information on environment, water quality, regional utility and watershed planning, weather, and employment. Located in Kerr County, from headwaters to boundary of Blanco-Guadalupe River Authority.
- Water resources of Texas. Features news, real-time water data, water quality reports, weather information, and mapping.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 8, 2014 at 9:54:09 UTC -