become an editor
the entire directory
only in Texas/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Conservation and Endangered Species
Fossils and Paleontology
Zoos and Aquariums
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: South and Southeast: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: Southwest: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Society and Culture: Issues: Environment
Don't Mess with Texas (DMWT)
- Anti-highway litter campaign organized by the Texas Department of Transportation. Order DMWT stuff, read the latest headlines about the program, view or listen to campaign advertisements, and get more details about DMWT programs and opportunities.
Drive Clean Across Texas
- Statewide public outreach and public education campaign designed to improve air quality. Offers air quality facts and educational materials.
Earth Share of Texas
- An organization of local, state, national, and international nonprofit environmental groups participating in workplace giving programs.
Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary
- Dedicated to protection of three banks in the Gulf of Mexico with fully formed coral reefs and spectacular marine life.
Keep Texas Beautiful
- A grassroots organization that coordinates many litter prevention and beautification activities statewide.
Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Texas Office
- Works to conserve soil and water resources on private lands. Includes staff directory, references on Texas soil and water, details of programs, and education opportunities.
Texas Archeological Society
- An educational, non-profit organization that believes in archeological resource protection.
Texas Beyond History
- An illustrated popular guide to archeological sites across the state from Texas Archeological Research Laboratory and Texas Archeological Society. Includes timeline, map tool, glossary, kids' section.
Texas Campaign for the Environment
- Dedicated to informing and mobilizing Texans to protect the quality of their lives, health and the environment.
Texas Chapter of the Wildlife Society
- Details activities, events, committee's, officers, and conservation camp.
Texas Environmental Center
- A non-profit organization that produces Web and CD-ROM-based environmental programs.
Texas Forest Service
- Statewide leadership and professional assistance for the state's forest, tree, and related natural resources.
- Online Resource for Invasive Species Information in Texas.
- Provide assistance to civic communities and businesses looking at large scale energy improvements. There are no employees, all work is done by diligent volunteers.
Texas Solar Energy Society
- Educational organization. Contains some information about solar electric. Has a K-12 renewables education area.
Texas Speleological Survey
- Established in 1961 to collect, organize and maintain information about karst areas. Includes data bases, photo galleries, articles about safety and conservation, and contacts.
Texas State Soil and Water Conservation Board
- Offers technical assistance to the state's soil and water conservation districts. Includes staff contacts, calendar of events, employment, contact information, programs, and reports.
TXU Home Energy Advisor
- Offers analysis for TXU customers home and energy usage. Provides plan with personalized recommendations to use in order to begin saving money on monthly electric bills.
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 18, 2014 at 10:15:03 UTC -