"Wildorado, on Interstate Highway 40 (U.S. Highway 66) in southeastern Oldham County, is named for nearby Wildorado Creek... By 1915 Wildorado had telephone connections, a grocer, a general store, a lumber company, a blacksmith, a hardware store, a school, two churches, and a population of 100. ... The town endured droughts and dust storms throughout the late 1920s and 1930s. During this period the state bank and the neighboring grain and mercantile store were robbed and burglarized more than once by desperadoes from Borger."

Subcategories 2

Related categories 2

Handbook of Texas Online: Wildorado
Brief history and description.
Wildorado Local News: Topix
Local, regional, and statewide news collected from diverse sources on the web.
[Mozilla Letter W]
Last update:
June 19, 2016 at 0:14:41 UTC
Regional
Science
Shopping
Society
Sports
All Languages
Arts
Business
Computers
Games
Health
Home
News
Recreation
Reference