"Webberville is on Farm Road 969 fifteen miles east of Austin in eastern Travis County. The post office, which was established in 1846, was named Webber's Prairie in honor of John F. Webber, who received a land grant in the area in 1832, but it was sometimes referred to as Smithwick's, for Noah Smithwick, who served as the first postmaster... The post office at Webberville was discontinued in 1903, and mail for the community was sent to Manor. The Webberville schools were consolidated with the Hornsby-Dunlap common school district in 1951."
Related categories 2
Last update:November 1, 2014 at 5:45:07 UTC