"Sylvester, at the junction of Farm roads 57 and 1085, ten miles southeast of Roby in east central Fisher County, was laid out in 1903 by the Compere brothers of Abilene. The Comperes bought part of the AJ Ranch for a new town on the survey of the Kansas City, Mexico and Orient Railway and named it for W. W. Sylvester, promotion manager of the railroad."

Related categories 2

Double Horseshoe Ranches
Whitetail deer, dove, quail, and turkey hunting near Sylvester in Jones and Fisher counties.
Handbook of Texas Online: Sylvester
Community history and economics.
[Texas Mozilla]
Last update:
October 10, 2014 at 20:14:25 UTC
Regional
Science
Shopping
Society
Sports
All Languages
Arts
Business
Computers
Games
Health
Home
News
Recreation
Reference