become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organizations/Charities
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Localities: H: Houston: Society and Culture: Organizations: Charities
Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse
- Private non-profit organization. Services include advocacy, legal representation, battering intervention and community education and outreach.
Christian Community Service Center (CCSC)
- A coalition of 36 churches that ministers to those in need in southwest Houston. Offers a variety of help services, including a food pantry, clothing, financial assistance and referral to other agencies.
Covenant House Texas
- A non-profit childcare agency which provides emergency shelter, crisis intervention, transitional housing, health care, and other educational/vocational services to homeless, or runaway youth.
Elves and More
- Collecting and giving bicycles and gifts to impoverished children. Description of their program, news, and letters from the kids.
Faith In Practice
- A community of health care volunteers who work to improve the physical, spiritual and economic conditions of the poor in Central America. Teams are made up of medical and dental personnel.
Giving Heart of America
- Faith-based non-profit organization committed to serving the hungry and homeless.
Habitat for Humanity, Project Houston
- Seeks to give witness to the Christian gospel by working in partnership with God's people in need to create a decent habitat in which to live and work.
Hope For Youth
- Non-profit organization providing activities and programs for at-risk urban youth. Provides mission and history information, event schedule, donation, and volunteer opportunities.
Houston Food Bank
- News, information on current fundraisers, volunteer needs, and how to schedule a tour.
Memorial Assistance Ministries
- A faith based organization to help those in need by providing rent and utility assistance.
Northwest Assistance Ministries (NAM)
- A local non-profit organization to help those in need.
Spaulding for Children
- Placing abused and neglected children with permanent adoptive families and providing on-going support after placement.
- Helps people find volunteer opportunities to make a difference in the community. Offers donation information, special events, children's section, and program details.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 16, 2012 at 19:03:59 UTC -