become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Organizations
Collaborative for Children
- Non-profit organization that focuses on improving the quality of early-childhood care and education in the Houston, TX area. Provides information for families and teachers.
ESCAPE Family Resource Center
- Non-profit agency offering parenting classes, divorce classes, classes for parents with children of disabilities, and parenting classes to prevent child abuse and child neglect in Houston.
Hispanic Housing & Education Corporation
- Nonprofit developer and educational organization. Develops housing and on-site educational facilities for immigrants and their families.
Houston A+ Challenge
- Independent nonprofit that supports public school reform efforts in the Greater Houston area. Features blog, initiatives, and news.
The Houston Area Association for the Education of Young Children (HAAEYC)
- Nonprofit, volunteer organization organized to promote and support high quality care and education for young children through improved professional practice and broadened public awareness.
Houston Area Library Automated Network (HALAN)
- The Houston Public Library operates HALAN, a computer network that serves eight public libraries and one community college library in the Houston area. HALAN offers all members the use of an online integrated library system from Innovative Interfaces, Inc., internet access, internet services and support.
Houston Area Library System (HALS)
- Dedicated to the improvement of public library services throughout the HALS region by providing support to library directors and staffs, trustees, Friends of the Library groups, and community supporters.
- Serves the social, ethnic, cultural, and religious needs of Jewish students at the University of Houston through an extremely active programming board of students. Offers calendar of events, staff, and student board information.
Houston READ Commission
- A non-profit urban literacy coalition, created by the Mayor and City Council to coordinate adult and family literacy services in the Greater Houston area.
Institute of International Education Southern Regional Center
- Promotes international understanding through educational and professional exchanges by presenting Houston's cultural diversity and economic strengths to current and future world leaders and by creating opportunities for Houstonians to serve as citizen ambassadors.
Neuhaus Education Center
- Provides professional teacher development and dyslexia education for parents and educators in research-based methods of literacy and dyslexia instruction.
OLRA Educational Foundation
- Houston-based, non-profit educational foundation dedicated to improving the lives of the underprivileged population in the USA, India, China, Philippines, and the rest of Southeast Asia.
Region IV Education Service Center
- The largest Education Service Center in Texas, serving the schools of Houston and surrounding areas.
River Oaks Elementary School PTO
- Extensive Parent-Teacher Organization site
Sage Education Group, LLC
- Helps families find educational placement options, including college searches, therapeutic and emotional growth placements, placements for students with learning disabilities, and tutoring placements.
The Santana Dotson Foundation
- Committed to helping economically disadvantaged students from Houston's inner city neighborhoods with the financial assistance they need in order to receive a college education.
Spring Branch Education Foundation
- Non-profit organization that accepts donations for the Spring Branch Independent School District to facilitate student and parent programs, mentorships, development programs, and grants.
The Women's Fund for Health Education and Research
- Organization produces and distributes educational publications on various health topics free of charge to the Houston community. These books are available in both English and Spanish.
Writers in the Schools
- Sends professional poets, fiction writers, and playwrights into classrooms in the area to share their love and knowledge of the written word with students and teachers. Provides history, staff biographies, program details, and contact information.
Young Audiences of Houston
- Dedicated to educating children through the arts and to making the arts an integral part of the school curriculum.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 28, 2013 at 5:45:07 UTC -