become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Museums
Arts and Entertainment
Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Localities: H: Houston: Travel and Tourism: Attractions
1940 Air Terminal Project
- Houston Aeronautical Heritage Society project which will restore the long-vacant 1940's era Houston Municipal Airport Terminal as a civil aviation museum. Includes information on the history of the building as well as plans for its restoration.
The Art Car Museum
- Map, news, cars, current and former exhibits, hours, history, articles, and related links.
- The art museum of the University of Houston.
Buffalo Soldiers National Museum
- Preserves, promotes and perpetuates the history, tradition and contributions of the Buffalo Soldiers toward the development and defense of the United States of America. Provides history and photo gallery.
Burton Cotton Gin and Museum
- Interprets life in an historic Texas cotton town. Includes information about upcoming events.
The Children's Museum of Houston
- Children's museum and library. Feature exhibit information, activities, membership, and volunteer opportunities.
Contemporary Arts Museum
- Free admission. Hours, museum history, information concerning programs and exhibits
The Heritage Society
- Museum located in Sam Houston Park. Offers community, exhibit, and visit planning information.
Holocaust Museum Houston
- The permanent exhibit is entitled Bearing Witness: A Community Remembers. Exhibitions, calendar of events, membership and departmental details, education materials, and bookstore.
Houston Fire Museum
- Features the history of firefighting from bucket brigades to modern technology. Exhibits include antique fire engines, tools, uniforms, and helmets.
Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Virtual tour of the most popular museum in Texas, including the butterfly center and observatory.
Lawndale Art Center
- Dedicated to the presentation of contemporary art with an emphasis on Houston artists.
The Menil Collection
- Opened in 1987 to preserve and exhibit the art collection of John and Dominique de Menil, considered one of the most important privately assembled collections of the twentieth century.
Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Art of world cultures from antiquity to the present.
Museum of Printing History
- Offers an educational and fun history of civilization. Provides location information, schedule of exhibitions and events, and tour.
National Museum of Funeral History
- A museum of 19th and 20th century funerary history in the United States. Offers online collections, membership information, and gift shop.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 9:54:08 UTC -