become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Arts and Entertainment
Clubs and Lodges
Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities: North America: United States: Texas: University of Texas: Austin: Organizations
Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Society and Culture: Organizations
Amigos de las Americas: Austin Chapter
- Sponsors young people who volunteer to spend a summer providing public health services to Latin Americans. Includes a volunteer application and photos.
Any Baby Can: Austin
- Provides crisis management for families with critically ill or disabled children from the ages of zero to twelve years of age. Includes donation form, information about how you can help, and calendar of events.
Arc of the Capital Area
- Provides services to children and adults with mental retardation and other developmental disabilities. Includes a list of services, volunteer information, and donation form.
Assistance League of Austin
- Nonprofit philanthropic organization of volunteers dedicated to addressing specific needs of the Austin community. Membership information, community service programs, and fundraising activities.
- Studies the cultural, popular, and historical foundations of food and diet. Information on upcoming events, recipes, and membership.
Austin Habitat for Humanity
- Learn how to volunteer, donate, or apply for an affordable home.
Austin Junior Forum
- Operates the Daniel H. Caswell house, sells cookbooks, and sponsors a fun run.
- Works to end sexual and domestic violence and abuse. Includes how you can help, information about programs and services, calendar, job opportunities, training materials, and links to resources for child abuse, domestic and dating violence prevention, stalking, violence in schools, and hotlines.
Austin Tenants' Council
- Serves as a resource for tenant-landlord information and helps address issues of housing discrimination and housing repair. Includes information about evictions, landlords' lien, security deposits, utility shut off, and small claims court.
Capital Area Food Bank of Texas, Inc.
- An organization that distributes food and grocery products throughout Central Texas. Contains information on food drives, donations, volunteering and frequently ask questions.
Caritas of Austin
- Gives an overview of this nonprofit's food service, refugee and social service programs, with contact information.
Children's Hospital Foundation of Austin
- Raises funds to support the programs and services of Children's Hospital of Austin, the only free-standing children's medical facility in Central Texas.
- Provides services to older adults, people with disabilities, and their caregivers. List of programs, calendar of events, and volunteer and donation information.
- Building materials recycling center benefiting Austin Habitat for Humanity. Includes store hours and location, items in stock and weekly specials, volunteer opportunities, and donation information.
Heart of Texas Peace Corps Association
- Contact point for former Peace Corps Volunteers, and promotes understanding between the United States other cultures and nations. Information on meetings and activities.
House the Homeless
- Nonprofit that focuses on education and advocacy, and whose board is comprised mostly of homeless and formerly homeless people. Includes links to other resources.
International Hospitality Council of Austin
- Serves as a contact agency for the US Department of State and provides contact between current and emerging leaders of other nations and the US. Includes calendar of events and newsletters.
Junior League of Austin
- Promotes volunteerism. Includes information about their resale shop, cookbooks, projects such as Coats for Kids, and membership information.
Meals on Wheels and More
- Delivers daily hot meals to the elderly, disabled, and homebound. Includes calendar of events, wish list for supplies, and volunteer and donation information.
Mobile Loaves and Fishes
- Social outreach ministry to the homeless and indigent working poor providing food and clothing. Includes statistics, how to get involved, and newsletters.
Single Volunteers of Austin
- Affiliate of national organization. Helps singles meet others through community service. Includes activities and events, mailing list, photos, and contact information for members.
Third Coast Activist Resource Center
- A site to create and distribute educational resources about U.S. policy around the world, and to support local activists.
YWCA of Greater Austin
- Provides women and girls with opportunities for life-long learning. Includes information about membership, donations, programs and services, and staff.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 15, 2014 at 2:35:08 UTC -