become an editor
the entire directory
only in Austin/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Localities: A: Austin: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Counties: Travis: Science and Environment
- Biology contract research laboratory providing preclinical research services tox/pharm, IC50, ELISA, in vivo biodistribution, and xenograft models. Provides CRO services description and quote request option.
American Botanical Council
- Listing of the services and publications of the ABC. Includes a number of publications and samples of medicinal plant monographs, a glossary, and resource lists.
Austin Astronomical Society
- A non-profit organization for anyone interested in astronomy or space sciences.
- Network of people interested in information, events, and resources related to Austin and the environment.
- Locations for fossil collection. From the University of Texas.
Austin Nature and Science Center
- Acts as a living museum to increase knowledge, awareness, and appreciation of the area's natural environment and its connection to other world ecosystems. Includes a list of programs, schedule of exhibits, and resources for teachers.
Austin Pond Society
- Includes a list of Koi and pond clubs around the world. Also includes photos, a forum, calendar of events, and membership information.
Austin Reptile Service
- Works for the conservation of native Texas reptiles through education. Includes a list of educational programs and snake myths.
Austin Sierra Club
- Information about membership and meetings, trips, and workshops. Includes an archive of newsletter articles and a section for singles.
Bat Conservation International
- Austin-based group whose mission is to protect and restore bats and their habitats worldwide. Includes information about education, conservation efforts, articles, projects, places to see bats, and the "Bat Cam."
Bats of Austin - Night Wings
- Information about the Mexican freetailed bats living under the Congress Avenue bridge.
Bill Hicks Foundation for Wildlife Rehabilitation
- Rescues orphaned and injured wildlife in the Texas Hill Country. Includes photos of Hicks and wildlife, video clips, and an online store with donation form.
Bob's Backyard Squirrel Cam
- Includes live cam and photos of squirrels, birds, and reptiles.
Bull Creek Foundation
- Promotes a balance between nature, recreation, and sustainable economic development within the Bull Creek watershed. Includes information about trails, water quality, and educational and volunteer events.
Capital Area Beekeepers
- Includes information about all kinds of bees and why they form an integral part of the environment. Also includes information about their annual workshop.
City of Austin Oak Wilt Suppression Program
- Information on the oak wilt disease, and its control in the city.
Clean Air Force
- Coalition working to increase community awareness of air quality issues. Citizen's guide to cleaner air, a list of programs, calendar of meetings and events, and links to daily ozone readings.
Keep Austin Beautiful
- Empowers citizens to take personal responsibility for enhancing the community's environment. Includes a calendar of events, a list of programs, trash facts, FAQ, donation information, and how to get involved.
Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
- Publications, native plant information, and schedules of events and ongoing educational programs.
The Medical Institute for Sexual Health
- A nonprofit scientific, educational organization to confront the global epidemics of nonmarital pregnancy and sexually transmitted disease with incisive health care data.
Paleontological Society of Austin
- Membership includes people with various levels of interest and expertise in the field of Paleontology. Describes club activities, meeting time and place, officers, and links to related clubs.
Plateau Integrated Land and Wildlife Management
- Works to preserve the natural environment by managing private property for native wildlife. Includes information about requirements and tax benefits, FAQ, and profiles of the staff.
Save Barton Creek Association
- Promoting public awareness of Barton Springs and Barton Creek via scientific and environmental information.
Save Our Springs Alliance
- News, legal documents, and updates on this ongoing environmental protection project.
- Biopharmaceutical company developing therapeutics based on the RLIP76 protein. Provide technology and applications information. Located in Austin, Texas.
- Promotes the renewal, restoration, and care of urban forest through public tree plantings and education. Includes a planting guide, a list of projects, and membership information.
Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve
- Mission statement, trail map, schedule of events, plus volunteer and environmental education program information.
Zilker Metropolitan Park
- 351 acre park is home to a variety of recreation opportunities and special events.
Usenet austin.gardening -
Science and Environment
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, December 2, 2013 10:52:17 PM EST -