become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Museums
Arts and Entertainment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Localities: A: Austin: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Regional: North America: United States: Texas: Arts and Entertainment: Museums
Austin Children's Museum
- News and notes about upcoming and past exhibits, a catalog of the museum store's available merchandise, plus map, hours of operation, ticket cost and contact numbers, and info about their various open, ongoing programs.
Austin Museum Partnership
- Consortium of art and science museums, historic sites, nature habitats and preserves, and other museums. Includes information about Austin Museum Day and a virtual tour of each museum.
Austin Museum of Art
- Includes exhibition news and schedules, special events, membership and volunteer information, and maps to both locations.
Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum
- Includes membership information, a list of exhibits, and volunteer opportunities.
Elisabet Ney Museum
- Former studio and portrait collection created by the nineteenth-century sculptor. Includes her biography, list of her works, and hours of the museum.
Jack S. Blanton Museum of Art
- Fine art museum of the University of Texas at Austin. Also serves as a laboratory for curatorial and educational research and as a center for scholarship and professional training. Includes samples from collections and exhibitions, information about school programs and teacher workshops, calendar of events, and membership information.
Lyndon Baines Johnson Library and Museum
- Collections include photo and audio archives, telephone recordings, transcripts of oral history interviews, and Johnson's daily diary.
Museum of Fine Arts Austin
- Includes information about upcoming exhibits and programs and samples of previous exhibits.
Museums and Galleries
- Reviews written by consumers at Epinions.com.
- The restored home of William Sidney Porter containing artifacts and memorabilia from Porter's life in Austin. Site includes a photo gallery.
- Living history museum in which costumed interpreters replicate an 1880 farm in the Walnut Creek area.
Texas Memorial Museum of Science and History
- Houses natural and cultural artifacts from throughout Texas history. Information about current and past exhibits, calendar of events, membership and volunteer information, and an online store.
Texas Military Forces Museum
- Museum and archival collection dedicated to the men and women who served in the military forces of Texas. Includes history of the museum and a list of exhibits.
Texas Music Museum
- Collects artifacts concerning the diverse traditions of Texas music. Includes a list of exhibits and events.
Umlauf Sculpture Garden
- Dedicated to sculpture, and primarily features the work of sculptor Charles Umlauf in an outdoor setting. Includes schedule of current events and virtual tour.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, April 7, 2012 7:07:07 PM EDT -