become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health/Disability_Information
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Disability Resources
Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
- The primary state agency for Texas for retraining/rehabilitation services for people with disabilities.
- The mission of Advocacy, Inc. is to advocate for, protect, and advance the legal, human, and service rights of Texans with disabilities. Based in Austin, Texas.
All Walks of Life
- Collects data, publishes reports, and offers educational presentations in order to prevent violence against the disabled.
American Council of the Blind of Texas
- ACBT is a chapter of the national organization of the American Council of the Blind. ACBT represents the interests of blind and visually impaired Texans.
The Arc of Texas
- Expanding opportunities for people with mental retardation and other developmental difficulties. Calendar, chapter events, available training and information resources.
- Directory of resources for the deaf.
Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities
- The primary mission of this office is to make Houston accessible by working to remove physical and attitudinal barriers at all levels of City government and the greater Houston community.
Texas Association of the Deaf
- Addresses the needs of deaf and hard of hearing citizens. Photos, newsletters, and membership information.
Texas Commission for the Blind
- Goals are to assist Texans who are blind or visually impaired to (1) secure or maintain employment in careers consistent with their capabilities and (2) live as independently as possible consistent with their skills, abilities and interests.
Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities
- Includes contact information for counselors and staff, publications, projects and RFPs, and links to resources.
Texas Hearing and Service Dogs
- Training and placement of dogs for the hearing impaired or disabled.
Texas Interagency Council on Early Childhood Intervention (ECI)
- State agency authorized to support families with children with disabilities or developmental delays. Includes information about finding services and a calendar of events.
- Includes a process that systematically uses work activities as the focal point for assessment of capabilities. Contact information is provided.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 2, 2014 at 22:44:19 UTC -