become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Museums
Arts and Entertainment
Living History and Open Air
Reference: Museums: By Region: North America: United States
American Cotton Museum
- Greenville - the history and impact of the cotton industry on the Northern Texas Blacklands and the United States.
Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum
- Educational institution that engages visitors in the story of Texas through a variety of program and exhibit experiences. Located in Austin.
Cowboy Artists of America Museum
- Kerrville - The most prestigious and enduring association of Western Artists in the nation. Many of these talented artists have actually lived the cowboy life, and all of them are cowboys at heart. Located in the heart of the popular "Hill Country" region, only a short drive from San Antonio.
- Guide to Galveston Island museums on the web.
- Examples of how people lived during the East Texas oil boom days of the 1930's. Includes hours, exhibits, contact information, and membership. Located In Joinerville.
- McKinney. A 25,000 sq. ft. science museum, a 287 acre wildlife sanctuary, a new 4000 sq. ft. Raptor Rehabilitation Center and a 3750 sq. ft. environmental center and outdoor aquatic laboratory.
- Plano - Tour the turn-of-the-century farm and see what living in a 1891 Victorian farmhouse and farming on the Blackland Prairies of North Texas was like. A wonderful museum that caters to both adults and children.
Longview Museum of Fine Arts
- formed to create interest in and promote knowledge of the visual arts throughout the City of Longview and vicinity by exhibiting, interpreting and preserving works of art.
Mary Kay Museum
- Take a walk through the inspiring history of Mary Kay Ash. Visit the Mary Kay Museum located at the Mary Kay World Headquarters in Dallas, TX.
Ocean Star Museum
- Less than an hour from downtown Houston, the world's petroleum capital, the Offshore Energy Center (OEC) operates its state-of-the-art facility, the Ocean Star.
San Jacinto Monument and Museum
- La Porte. The 570-foot monument stands in the Guinness Book of World Records as the tallest monument column in the world.
The Southwest Collection and Special Collections Library at Texas Tech University
- A definitive collection of audio-visual and manuscripts on the history of Lubbock County as well as West Texas.
Texas A&M University Art Collections and Exhibitions
- Located in College Station.
Texas Fire Museum
- Founded to acquire, restore, and preserve the old Dallas Fire Department Maintenance Facility, in order to restore, preserve, and store select fire apparatus and fire suppression equipment.
Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
- Waco. Dedicated to the history and popular culture of the legendary Texas Rangers. Founded in 1823, the Texas Rangers constitute the oldest state law enforcement agency in the nation and an enduring symbol of Texas and the American West.
Texas Seaport Museum
- Galveston - explores Texas' rich legacy of seaborne commerce and immigration. The Museum's staff and volunteers bring the past to life with special exhibits, educational programs, and historic projects like the Galveston Immigration Database and the restoration of the 1877 iron barque Elissa.
Whitehead Memorial Museum
- Del Rio. Exhibits consist of several buildings, each of historical significance in itself. The Dedicated to the preservation of Del Rio's heritage as well as Val Verde County's.
- Located on the former XIT Ranch, headquartered in Dalhart and working to preserve the history of the Texas pioneer ranchers of the area.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 9, 2015 at 15:41:36 UTC -