become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Environment/Environmental_Organizations
Science and Environment
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Tennessee: Science and Environment: Environmental Organizations
National Audubon Society
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment: Environmental Organizations
Regional: North America: United States: Tennessee: Society and Culture: Organizations
Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations
The Land Trust for Tennessee
- Works to preserve the unique character of Tennessee's natural and historic landscapes and sites by means of conservation easements.
Nature Conservancy of Tennessee
- Preserving the plants, animals, and natural communities that represent the diversity of life on Earth by protecting the lands and waters they need to survive. Preserves and projects encompass rare remnants of nationally and globally important ecosystems in five "ecoregions" in Tennessee.
Sierra Club - Tennessee Chapter
- Chapter newsletters and links to local groups around the state.
SOCM: Save Our Cumberland Mountains
- A rural Tennessee citizen's organization working for social, environmental, and economic justice through grassroots organizing. Interests include strip mining, economic issues, toxics, timbering, and state tax reform.
Southern Alliance for Clean Energy
- Coalition of environmental and citizen organizations promoting green energy in the TVA region. Includes information about a variety of energy and environment issues in the state and region.
Tennessee Citizens for Wilderness Planning
- Volunteer organization devoted to the protection and preservation of the natural environment, particularly the natural wonders of the Cumberland Plateau region.
Tennessee Environmental Council
- Consortium of Tennessee environmental organizations. Information and opinion regarding state environment issues and links to web sites of TEC member groups.
Tennessee Wildlife Federation
- Advocates for the conservation and sustainable use of the state's natural resources, including forests, waters, air, wildlife, and soil. Information on current issues and activities, with particular focus on wildlife and sportsmen's concerns.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, October 7, 2011 5:54:06 AM EDT -