become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Knoxville Metro Area
Regional: North America: United States: Tennessee: Society and Culture: Organizations
CASA of the Tennessee Heartland (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
- Provides volunteers who are trained to serve as the voice of abused and neglected children in juvenile court in Anderson, Campbell, Scott, Morgan, and Roane counties. Organization history, volunteer opportunities, fundraising reports and items for sale, and other information.
East Tennessee Community Design Center
- A nonprofit organization that provides architecture, planning, and design assistance to groups unable to obtain them otherwise. Also investigates new concepts in low income housing, helps citizens evaluate concepts in renovating neighborhoods, and assists community economic development.
East Tennessee Foundation
- Permanent community endowment connecting caring donors with social needs in the region by receiving, managing and investing, and donating money on behalf of donors. Explains community foundations and lists board, staff, and donations.
FOCUS Group Prison Ministries
- East Tennessee interdenominational organization established to help Christian inmates develop a closer relationship with Jesus Christ and then help them with the transition from prison life back into society. Information about principles, activities, and training.
Goodwill Industries of Knoxville
- Non-profit organization providing job training and rehabilitation for people with disabilities in the region. Rehabilitation sites in Knoxville, Oak Ridge, LaFollette, Sevierville, and Morristown. Retail stores in Knoxville, Lenoir City, Sevierville, LaFollette, New Tazewell, Oak Ridge, Alcoa, Morristown, Jefferson City, and Clinton.
Great Smoky Mountain Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Centered in Knoxville, serving much of East Tennessee. News and information about programs, activities, outdoor camps, leader training programs, and other topics.
Legal Aid of East Tennessee
- Publicly funded law office providing legal assistance and advocacy to elderly, abused, low income people, with offices in Johnson City, Morristown, Knoxville, Maryville, Cleveland, and Chattanooga.
Make-A-Wish Foundation of East Tennessee
- Regional chapter of organization that grants the special wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses. Includes stories of past wish kids from the area, how to refer a child, volunteer opportunities, and how to donate.
Ring 58, International Brotherhood of Magicians, Inc.
- Serves the needs of magicians throughout the East Tennessee area. Describes the organization, its regular meetings (in Knoxville), annual winter convention, and related information.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2014 at 19:15:08 UTC -