become an editor
the entire directory
only in South_Carolina/Science_and_Environment
Science and Environment
Grand Strand-Myrtle Beach
Conservation and Endangered Species
National Audubon Society
Regional: North America: United States: Regions: South and Southeast: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Regional: North America: United States: South Carolina
Audubon South Carolina
- State office information on local chapters, sanctuaries, and National Wildlife Refuges.
- Blog advocating clean energy alternatives to newly proposed coal plants for South Carolina.
Coastal Plains Soil, Water, and Plant Research Center
- USDA-ARS (Florence, SC) research projects in agriculture on soil, water, constructed wetlands, animal waste management, irrigation, tillage, colored mulch, and site specific farming.
Illegal Aquatic Plants of South Carolina
- Names, photographs, and botanical descriptions of aquatic plants that are illegal to possess.
Microbial Populations in Two Swamp Soils
- Forest Service Research Notes SE - 150. [PDF]
- Organization that exists to support and advance the state's life science industry through advocacy, networking, and education. Includes directory of board members, membership benefits, and events.
Soils and Land Resource Information
- Clemson publication Nutrient Management for South Carolina, Based on Soil Test Results, EC 476. [PDF]
South Carolina Association of Naturalists
- Contact, membership, and field trip information for this statewide association headquartered in Columbia.
South Carolina Coastal Conservation League
- Protects natural resources and traditional landscapes of the coast; find out about programs, events, and volunteer information.
South Carolina Department of Natural Resources: Managed Lands
- Research and databases on rare, endangered and threatened species occurrences, special habitats, and ecosystem features such as rock outcrops, limestone sinks, Carolina bays, and old-growth forests.
South Carolina Environmental Law Project
- Cases, projects, and funraising information from this group working to protect the natural environment by providing legal services and improving the state's system of environmental regulation.
South Carolina Forestry Association
- Member companies and individuals committed to seeing forest preservation through management; includes current events, news, and related links.
South Carolina Institute of Archaeology and Anthropology
- A university research institute, SCIAA initiates and conducts a broad range of field research and collections research throughout the state.
South Carolina Litter Control Association
- Group dedicated to litter reduction in the state of South Carolina through education and enforcement efforts. Includes local chapters, events, photos, and environmental information.
South Carolina Native Plant Society
- Non-profit organization committed to the preservation and protection of native plant communities in the state.
South Carolina Quality Deer Management Association
- Management philosophy/practice uniting landowners, hunters, and managers in a common goal of producing biologically and socially balanced deer herds within existing environmental, social, and legal constraints. Includes calendar of events, membership details, board of directors and contacts.
South Carolina Reptiles and Amphibians
- Features herp images and information including tales, humor, observation notes, nature commentaries, news, and links.
South Carolina Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
- Contact information for this society promoting clinical, laboratory science.
South Carolina Water Plan
- Paper describing South Carolina's water sources and that provides suggestions for how South Carolina's water should be utilized and managed.
South Carolina Wildlife Federation
- Acts to preserving the natural resources of the state through educational and public awareness programs; find out about the Schoolyard Habitat Project, read current legislation, or check out the kids page.
United States Geological Survey Programs in South Carolina
- Fact sheet providing earth science information.
USGS: South Carolina State Minerals Information
- Find pdf downloads of maps and resources, links, and contact information.
Water Environment Association of South Carolina
- Non-profit organization that provides educational opportunities for professionals in the water and wastewater industry. Contains contact information, links, regulations, photos, and information about jobs and seminars.
Water Resources of South Carolina
- Real time and historic water data from gauging stations, publications, and hydrological conditions.
A Review Of Mercury In The Environment (Its Occurrence In Marine Fish)
- Report that summarizes available information concerning the level and sources of mercury in the environment,particularly in marine fish; its transformation to methyl-mercury; its ability to bio-accumulate in the food chain; and its toxicity to man. [PDF] (November 01, 2000)
Science and Environment
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 20, 2013 at 19:24:12 UTC -