The town of Kershaw sits in both Kershaw and Lancaster counties, with a larger portion of the business section being in Lancaster. The area developed soon after Southern Railroad established a station in 1887 when it was known in its earliest days as Welsh’s Station. In 1888, Captain Welsh led the movement to apply for a charter to incorporate a new town which would be named Kershaw, in honor of Major Gen. J.B. Kershaw, a much admired South Carolinian in the post-Civil War years.

Subcategories 6

Related categories 3

[Dmoz Mozilla 1]
Last update:
January 7, 2016 at 16:06:04 UTC
Regional
Science
Shopping
Society
Sports
All Languages
Arts
Business
Computers
Games
Health
Home
News
Recreation
Reference