become an editor
the entire directory
only in Columbia/Society_and_Culture
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: South Carolina: Localities: C: Columbia: Society and Culture
Clubs and Lodges
Regional: North America: United States: South Carolina: Counties: Richland: Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: South Carolina: Metro Areas and Regions: Columbia Metro: Society and Culture
Alliance for Women
- Prepares women to assume leadership within their professions and communities; includes details on programs, training, events, and summer sessions for girls.
Alston Wilkes Society
- Non-profit organization dedicated to providing rehabilitative services to adults released from correctional facilities. Includes information about services, volunteerism, board of directors list, membership categories, employment opportunities and contacts.
Bethany Christian Services
- Counseling and adoption services.
City Year Columbia
- Contact, membership, alumni, and mission information for this AmeriCorps national service program to enable young adults, ages 17 to 24, from diverse racial, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds to provide a year of full-time community service, leadership development, and civic engagement.
Daughters of the American Revolution: Ann Pamela Cuningham Chapter
- Provides chapter history and contact information.
Epworth Children's Home
- Provides group residential care for children and youth. Includes history of the facility, details of services, admissions, FAQ, and ways to help.
The Forest Hills Neighborhood Association
- Includes history of the community bordered by Forest Drive, Glenwood Road, Gervais Street, and Manning Avenue. Find out about meetings, events, and committees.
- Faith-based transitional housing facility for women and their children; includes mission statement, details on programs, video clips, and donation form.
Institute for Families in Society
- Seeks to enhance the well-being of families in society through research, education, and consultation at community, state, national, and international levels. Includes publication list. Located at University of South Carolina.
Junior League of Columbia
- Find out about Smart Matters, a family-based school readiness initiative which seeks to strengthen the well-being of area children, and other programs. Also offers information on membership and fund raising initiatives.
- Political humorist and radio talk host offers comedy and columns with a conservative or libertarian theme.
Sherwood Forest Neighborhood Association
- Set up and maintain member profiles, submit news articles, post to events calendar, and participate in a discussion forum.
- Shelter offering resources for domestic abuse victims and families; read the organization's history, find out about services, or find related links.
Souper Bowl of Caring
- Nationwide, youth-led effort which encourages people to give one dollar while leaving worship services on Super Bowl Sunday. Includes FAQ, information about joining, and statistics.
Society and Culture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 14, 2012 at 20:02:59 UTC -