become an editor
the entire directory
only in Politics/Policy_Institutes
Society and Culture
American Enterprise Institute
Council on Foreign Relations
Society: Issues: Policy Institutes
- Promotes a free society informed by religious faith and moral absolutes.
Adam Ferguson Institute
- An Ohio based policy institute supporting the voluntary, therefore peaceful, development of a free, beneficent, and prosperous civil society.
Alabama Policy Institute
- A conservative think tank addressing a wide range of emerging policy issues in the areas of economics, education, the environment, government, family and society.
- Pennsylvania-based conservative think tank devoted to local government issues. Recent papers on key issues, information about events and publications, and related links.
America's Future Foundation
- America's Future Foundation exists to train the next generation of conservative leaders and winning the hearts and minds of young Americans.
American Foreign Policy Council
- A policy organization dedicated to bringing information to those who make or influence the foreign policy of the United States and to assisting world leaders, particularly in the former USSR and Asia, with building democracies and market economies.
American Policy Center
- Conservative policy group that believes the free market and private ownership of property is the best method for improving education, employment, goods and services, and protecting the environment.
Anderson Economic Group
- Provides public policy analysis for private, public and government sectors.
Applied Information Resources
- A public policy research and community information organization dedicated to citizen education on public issues.
The Arab American Institute
- Promotes the concerns of the Arab American community in the U.S. society and abroad.
Ashbrook Center for Public Affairs
- An academic forum for the study, research and discussion of the principles and practices of American constitutional government and politics at Ashland University. Archive of publications and RealAudio speeches.
Atlas Economic Research Foundation
- Offers events, workshops, and courses.
Beacon Hill Institute
- BHI is a free-market think tank based in Suffolk University Boston, MA. It studies the public policy areas of state tax policy, privatization, welfare reform, compassion tax credits, regulatory reform and other areas from a market perspective.
- A think tank focusing on public policy, church and state, education, law, and history.
- Private foundation established by Lynde and Harry Bradley to support individualism, self-government, and free-market causes. Describes publications, staff and directors, grantee showcase, application process, and the Lion House.
- Seeking to improve the lives of all Ohioans by promoting free market ideas and limited government.
Calvert Institute for Policy Research
- An educational institution dedicated to the research and propagation of solutions to Maryland state and local public-policy concerns based upon the principles of free markets and personal responsibility.
Carey Center for Democratic Capitalism
- Works to educate students, citizens, and leaders in the fundamentals upon which the American republic was constructed - democracy and capitalism.
Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs
- A policy organization dedicated to research and education at the nexus of ethics and international affairs. Provides speech transcripts, articles, reviews and other materials on a variety of subjects.
- A policy organization founded by Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter to fight disease, hunger, poverty, conflict, and oppression around the world.
Cascade Policy Institute
- Oregon based free market think tank.
Center for American Progress
- Liberal think tank offers policy proposals, talking points, events, news and columns. Weekly email newsletter Progress Report.
Center for Economic and Policy Research
- A research center that seeks to promote democratic debate on important economic and social issues.
Center for Law and Social Policy
- CLASP is a policy organization with expertise in both law and policy affecting the poor. It seeks to improve the economic security of low-income families with children and secure access for low-income persons.
Center for National Policy
- CNP undertakes research and analysis to frame options and to formulate policy recommendations, focusing activities in economic analysis, equal opportunity, community studies and foreign policy.
Center for Politics at the University of Virginia
- Promotes the value of politics and seeks to improve civic education and increase civic participation through research, analysis, and educational programs. Features news, programs, publications and employment opportunities.
Center for Public Justice
- A Christian civic education and public policy research organization.
Center for Public Leadership
- The Center for Public Leadership (John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University) seeks to improve the practice of leadership and citizenship, through research, education and outreach. The Center aims to strengthen the positive effect of those engaged in improving the quality of public life.
Center for Public Policy Priorities
- A research organization committed to improving public policies and private practices that influence the economic and social prospects and conditions of individuals, families, and communities.
Center for Retirement Research
- Organization dedicated to the research and dissemination of retirement policy issues as well as to widening access to related data sources.
Center for Security Policy
- A policy organization promoting international peace through American strength.
Center For Strategic & International Studies
- A public policy research institution dedicated to analysis and policy impact. It maintains resident experts on all the world's major geographical regions and covers key functional areas, such as international finance, U.S. domestic and economic policy, and U.S. foreign policy and national security issues.
Center for the Advancement of Capitalism
- Public policy institute dedicated to advancing individual rights and economic freedom throughout America. The Center's philosophical defense of business and profit-making, and opportunities for activism.
Center for the Study of Democratic Societies
- CSDS is a research and educational institution dedicated to the examination and explanation of the properties and possibilities of democratic societies and democratic-socialist economic systems.
Center for the Study of Islam & Democracy (CSID)
- A think tank dedicated to studying the relationship between Islam and democracy.
Center of the American Experiment
- A conservative think tank in Minnesota, focusing in improving education, strengthening free market economy and reducing poverty and crime.
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- A public policy advocacy organization specializing in federal budget issues from a low-income perspective.
Central Massachusetts Liberty Coalition
- Central Massachusetts based pro-liberty political education organization.
- A research foundation that undertakes timely and critical analyses of major economic, political, and social institutions and issues
Citizens Research Council of Michigan
- A public affairs research organization established in 1916 to provide analysis of state and local government organization and finance in Michigan.
Civil Society Institute
- The institute seeks to serve as catalysts for change, especially in five areas of critical need: kids and learning, health care reform, science policy and regenerative medicine, climate change and global security and economic change.
Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute
- Established to prepare young women for effective conservative leadership and to promote school choice opportunities for all K-12 children in America. Information about speakers, anti-feminist resources, and current issues available.
- Projects, recent writings, event and publication information, and news releases from the Californian think tank.
- A non-profit institution that conducts independent research and analysis to inform the work of public sector decision makers. Profile and research areas.
Committee for Economic Development
- CED is an organization of business and education leaders dedicated to public policy research.
- A multi-issue think tank committed to advancing moderate and progressive principles.
- A free-market public policy organization based in Pennsylvania which promotes the principles of limited government, economic freedom, and individual responsibility.
Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Publications on the institute's research in free-enterprise, as well as internships.
Council for Emerging National Security Affairs
- Seeks to become the premier venue for virtual collaboration in addressing emerging national security affairs and policy renewal.
Council on Hemispheric Affairs
- Encourages the formulation of rational and constructive U.S. policies towards Latin America.
David Horowitz Freedom Center
- Los Angeles-based center founded by David Horowitz, formerly the Center for the Study of Popular Culture.
- A public policy organization working to improve democracy and to foster greater economic opportunity and less disparity.
- The institute discovers and promotes ideas in the common sense tradition of representative government, the free market and individual liberty.
Economic Policy Institute (EPI)
- A nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank that seeks to broaden the public debate about strategies to achieve a prosperous and fair economy.
Edmund G. "Pat" Brown Institute of Public Affairs
- A policy center offering programs on community development and family empowerment.
- Independent education policy think tank. Produces original research and policy analysis and promotes work by respected education analysts.
Entertainment Industries Council, Inc.
- EIC's mission is to lead the entertainment industry in bringing its power and influence to bear on health and social issues.
Ethan Allen Institute
- Vermont's free-market-oriented public policy think tank.
Ethics and Public Policy Center
- Seeks to clarify and reinforce the bond between the Judeo-Christian moral tradition and the public debate over domestic and foreign policy issues. Its program includes research, writing, publication, and conferences. Located in Washington, DC.
Faith & Reason Institute
- The institute aims at bringing both faith and reason to bear on all the issues that confront people. It addresses questions of economics, politics, public policy, science, technology, the environment, and public culture, from perspective of both faith and reason.
Foreign Policy Association
- Non-profit organization that seeks to educate the public about foreign policy. Sponsor of the Great Decisions program.
Foundation for Economic Education (FEE)
- Offers online education, a bookstore, and links to its seminars and publishes Ideas on Liberty, a magazine on free markets and individual liberty.
Free Congress Foundation
- A Washington, D.C. conservative research institute and policy education organization with policy centers on technology, law and democracy, cultural conservatism, and governance.
- A policy institute advancing individual liberty, free enterprise and responsible government in Washington State and nationwide.
Frontiers of Freedom
- Founded in 1995 by Malcolm Wallop, Frontiers seeks to lead the conservative movement against an ever more powerful and intrusive federal government, and to restore and maintain individual rights.
Future of Freedom Foundation
- A think tank advancing the libertarian philosophy.
George C. Marshall Institute
- Information on science and public policy issues such as global warming and defense technology.
Georgia Public Policy Foundation
- Research and education foundation dedicated to limited government, private enterprise, and individual responsibility. Press releases, publications, current research and initiatives, and related links available.
- A conservative research and educational organization advocating public policy founded upon the principles of limited government, economic freedom, and individual responsibility.
Grassroot Institute of Hawaii
- A public policy think tank providing detailed study, analysis, investigation and reporting on the impact on the individual citizen by government and its procedures and departments in Hawaii.
Harvard University Institute of Politics
- News, videos and information including programs, events and meetings, research and publications, political internships and how to get involved.
Hispanic American Center for Economic Research
- Promotes the study about the countries of Hispanic America and Hispanic Americans living in the United States, as they relate to the values of personal and economic liberty.
- U.S. domestic and foreign policy institute. Includes profiles of scholars, event information, published research and policy center information, and current headlines.
- Free-market think tank investigating private and community-based solutions to issues in Colorado and the United States. News, event information, policy center profiles, publications, and searchable archive of papers.
- A scholarly research and educational organization which sponsors comprehensive studies on political economy.
Information for Decision Making (IFDM)
- Provider of information and resources to support decision-making that produces and sustains good results for children, families, and communities.
Institute for American Values
- A public policy organization devoted to contributing intellectually to the renewal of marriage and family life and the sources of competence, character, and citizenship.
Institute for Policy Innovation (IPI)
- A public policy institute based in Lewisville, Texas. IPI's focus is on approaches to governing that harness the strengths of individual liberty, limited government, and free markets.
Institute for Policy Studies
- Combats poverty, war, corporate globalization, and ecological destruction through research and activist education.
Institute for Women's Policy Research
- A public policy organization dedicated to researching policy issues of critical importance for women. IWPR's policy areas include poverty and welfare, family and work, health care and domestic violence, and employment.
Institute of Science, Technology and Public Policy
- Founded at Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield, Iowa, to identify, scientifically evaluate, and implement through public policy, promising new technologies and programs that offer practical solutions to problems facing the United States.
International Center for Peace & Development
- ICPD conducts research projects on a wide range of issues concerning global security, conversion of resources from military to civilian purposes, food security, employment, economic development, and the environment.
International Relations Center
- A public policy organization whose mission is to provide information and analysis that increase social and economic justice throughout the world.
International Research & Exchanges Board
- A US-based public policy organization committed to international education in academic research, professional training and technical assistance.
Iowa Public Interest Research Group
- Iowa PIRG is a public interest organization dedicated to preserving the environment, protecting consumers and holding government accountable to the public interest. Located in Des Moines, Iowa.
James Madison Institute
- A Florida-based public policy research organization dedicated to promoting economic freedom, limited government, federalism, traditional values, the rule of law, and individual liberty coupled with individual responsibility.
John Locke Foundation
- A North Carolina based think tank conducting research based on the principles of individual liberty, a free-market economy, and limited government.
Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
- A national institution that conducts research on public policy issues of special concern to African Americans.
Josiah Bartlett Center for Public Policy
- A think tank group focused on state and local public policy issues that affect the quality of life of New Hampshire's citizens.
Levy Economics Institute of Bard College
- Independent research organization examines economic policy issues and strives to transform ideological arguments into informed debate. Includes publications, scholars and programs.
Lincoln Institute of Public Opinion Research
- A conservative Pennsylvanian think tank conducting polling, focusing groups, and educating lawmakers, policy makers, media, and the public on key issues and the views of Pennsylvania's citizens on those issues.
- A Virginian think tank advocating the Lockean view of government deriving sovereignty through the people.
Lucy Burns Institute
- 501(c)3 nonprofit organization supporting libertarian, free-market views through its Ballotpedia, Judgepedia and Policypedia online publications. Based in Madison, Wisconsin and founded in 2006.
Mackinac Center for Public Policy
- A policy institute devoted to improving the quality of life for all Michigan citizens by promoting sound solutions to state and local policy questions. Provides reports, commentaries and educational programs.
Maine Heritage Policy Center
- A research and educational organization which formulates and promotes conservative public policies in the U.S. state of Maine. Includes text of op-eds and links to other New England policy institutes.
- The mission of the institute is to develop and disseminate new ideas that foster greater economic choice and individual responsibility.
Manpower Demonstration Research Corporation
- A social policy research organization dedicated to learning what works to improve the well-being of low-income people.
Mathematica Policy Research
- Public policy research organization based in New Jersey.
McGregor Consulting Group
- Carries out research and education on a variety of issues including consumer, family and home economics, education, peace, citizenship and human rights.
- The Mercatus Center at George Mason University is an education, research and outreach organization. The aim of its work is to enable individuals to live free, prosperous, and peaceful lives.
Minaret of Freedom Institute
- A Muslim libertarian think tank. Advocates free markets and civil liberties for the world of Islam.
Morrison Institute for Public Policy
- An Arizona State University's institute for policy analysis and expertise. The Institute researches public policy issues, informs policy makers and residents, and advises leaders on choices and actions.
- A liberal-left public policy organization committed to a just society and the principles of the First Amendment.
National Bureau of Economic Research
- A research organization dedicated to promoting a greater understanding of how the economy works. The NBER is committed to undertaking and disseminating unbiased economic research among public policymakers, business professionals, and the academic community.
National Center for Policy Analysis
- Research organization that advocates free-market solutions to public policy problems, primarily on the issues of health care, Social Security, energy and the environment, taxes, and growth.
National Center for Public Policy Research
- A conservative think tank and policy institute covering Congress, insider political information, global warming and the environment, legal reform, Social Security, and campaign reform.
National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
- A policy institute associated with the U.S. Democratic Party, working to strengthen and expand democracy worldwide.
National Institute for Labor Relations Research
- The institute provides the supplementary analysis and research necessary to expose the inequities of compulsory unionism.
National Institute for Public Policy
- Non-profit public education organization that focuses on a wide spectrum of rapidly evolving foreign policy and international issues.
National Legal Foundation
- A Christian constitutional litigation firm and policy think tank committed to restoring America's Biblical foundations.
National Priorities Project
- Offers citizen and community groups tools and resources to shape federal budget and policy priorities which promote social and economic justice. Includes databases, charts, opportunities for action and a newsletter.
National Sociale Norms Resource Center
- Promotes and provides assistance in applying the social norms approach to various health, safety and social justice issues, including alcohol and tobacco risk-reduction.
Nautilus Institute for Security and Sustainable Development
- A policy-oriented research and consulting organization. Promotes international cooperation for security and ecologically sustainable development. Programs embrace both global and regional issues, with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region.
Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government
- The institute is the public policy research arm of the State University of New York. It is actively involved in public policy research on the role of state and local governments in American federalism and the management and finances of states and localities in major areas of domestic public affairs.
Nevada Policy Research Institute
- Conducts research on public policy issues affecting the state and the U.S. FAQs, papers on current research areas, and extensive link list.
New America Foundation
- Attempts to bring new voices and new ideas to the fore of America's public discourse and seeks to reshape the American public debate by investing in outstanding individuals and ideas that transcend the conventional political spectrum.
New Jersey Policy Perspective (NJPP)
- A public policy organization that conducts research on public policy issues in New Jersey.
- An education and research organization dedicated to restoring traditional, Judeo-Christian principles to American public policy.
Oregon Center for Public Policy
- A Silverton, Oregon-based research institute advocating policies and practices that improve the economic and social prospects of low- and moderate income Oregonians.
Pacific Council On International Policy
- A leadership forum bringing together "live wires" from around the Pacific Rim to exchange information and analysis on major international trends and policy choices. Based in Los Angeles, CA.
Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy
- San Francisco-based public policy organization advocating for personal responsibility and individual liberty in national and state issues. Site offers extensive archive of papers and presentations from PRI research centers, as well as event information, publications link, and voter education resources.
- A public policy organization dedicated to creating a business, political and educational environment that increases the personal wealth of every citizen of South Carolina as measured by per capita income.
- A Boston-based public policy research institute advocating individual freedom and responsibility, limited and accountable government, and expanded application of free-market principles.
Political Research Associates
- Monitors and analyzes the organizations, leaders, ideas, and activities of the US political Right.
- Explores regional land use planning, sustainable, carfree city design, 21st century constitutions, and holistic indexing.
Progressive Policy Institute
- A public policy institute shaping the Third Way agenda with progressive legislative solutions.
Public Interest Institute
- Located on the campus of Iowa Wesleyan College in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa, the institute promotes the importance of a free-enterprise economic system and limited government in society based upon individual freedom and liberty.
Public Policy Forum
- A Milwaukee, Wisconsin based public policy research organization examining issues that impact the community, state and nation.
Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC)
- A public policy organization dedicated to research on California's economic, social, and political issues.
- A faith-based, social justice center working with people who have few resources for their struggles. Programs, photographs, news and how you can help.
- A public policy think tank promoting choice, competition, and a dynamic market economy as the foundation for human dignity and progress.
Rio Grande Foundation
- A New Mexico based free market research and educational organization dedicated to the study of public policy.
SCU Civil Society Institute
- A classical liberal / libertarian institute within Santa Clara University, dedicated to educating students in the classic themes of political economy and their relevance to contemporary policy issues.
South Carolina Policy Council
- Reports on current issues, profiles of notable public figures, and text of publications on a variety of local and national issues.
- An Utah-based public policy research organization supporting limited government, private property rights, and personal responsibility.
- Seeks ways to protect the environment without regulation, bureaucracy, or central control.
- A Dallas-based public policy organization with interests in education, criminal justice and tax reform.
- An institute investigating and analysing U.S. social and economic problems and issues, including the New Federalism, welfare and welfare-to-work, Medicare, and disabilities issues.
Virginia Institute for Public Policy
- A research organization committed to the principles of individual liberty, dynamic entrepreneurial capitalism, private property, the rule of law, and constitutionally limited government.
The Washington Institute for Near East Policy
- A public educational foundation dedicated to scholarly research and informed debate on U.S. interests in the Middle East.
- Research organization at Washington University in St. Louis supports scholarly research, public affairs programs, and other activities in the fields of economics, government, and public policy.
- The mission of the institute is to design and develop frameworks, processes, and tools that help individuals and groups build productive interfaces between diverse cultures and to strengthen the cultural formation, quality of life, and social health within the community.
Women & Politics Institute
- Center for scholarly research on women and politics and political leadership trainings, part of the School of Public Affairs at American University.
Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- A presidential memorial that fosters scholarship and dialogue in the humanities and the social sciences. The Center pursues work on three interregional, interdisciplinary themes: ethnicity, comparative urban studies, and governance.
- Analyzes interdisciplinary environmental data from around the world, providing information on how to build a sustainable society. Website has articles on a broad range on topics.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 20, 2014 at 19:17:18 UTC -