become an editor
the entire directory
only in Republican/Opposing_Views
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Parties: Republican: Opposing Views
President George W. Bush
- Information about the holidays celebrating the indictments of Bush administration officials. Includes songs, and lyrics.
Newsweek - Why Rush is Wrong
- Conservative Republican David Frum laments how Limbaugh, the de facto spokesman for the GOP, is driving moderates away and turning the GOP into an angry and unanimous dittohead cult.
Truthout - Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult
- A 28 year GOP loyalist documents how the Republican Party has been twisted into an extremist and corrupted group run by lunatics. (September 03, 2011)
Mcclatchy - GOP Hates Earmarks - Except the Ones its Members Sponsor
- Republicans deliver a daylong rant against Democratic spending legislation, yet the bill is loaded with thousands of pet projects that Republican lawmakers inserted. (February 25, 2009)
Los Angeles Times - Reagan Wouldn't Recognize This GOP
- Reagan presidential campaign insider and Heritage Foundation co-founder Mickey Edwards writes on how Reagan's ideals and philosophy have been polluted and warped by today's GOP and those calling themselves his most fervent admirers. (January 24, 2009)
Common Dreams - Republican Vigilantism
- Asserts that the GOP's tactics have become increasingly extreme, including going against the rule of law itself and making threats of violence against judges they don't like. (April 11, 2005)
Slate - He's Still "That Man" - The Bushies' War on Franklin Roosevelt.
- Examines why Republicans are hellbent on changing Social Security, and finds the GOP still can't accept that the New Deal basically expanded the reach of government, and things worked out OK. (January 28, 2005)
Slate - Corrupt? Absolutely.
- With the GOP attaining a majority in Congress, both liberals and conservatives find the Republicans have now turned into what they've been criticizing for so long. (December 02, 2004)
Mother Jones - Conversation with a Conservative: Peter G. Peterson
- The Commerce Secretary in the Nixon administration explains that the Republican Party "has lost its moorings" in recent years. (October 26, 2004)
Mother Jones - Conversation with a Conservative: Clyde Prestowitz
- Reagan administration veteran Clyde Prestowitz explains that the last four years of Republican rule have put the country on the wrong track. (October 06, 2004)
In These Times - Not in Lake Wobegon Anymore
- An essayist asserts the once great party of Lincoln and liberty, made up of pragmatic Main Street businessmen, has changed into a cabal of angry plutocratic hypocrites. (August 26, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, September 11, 2011 5:56:42 PM EDT -