become an editor
the entire directory
only in National_Security/Homeland_Security
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues: National Security: Homeland Security
Terrorism Information Awareness
USA PATRIOT Act
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Executive Branch: Department of Homeland Security
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Privacy
Society: Issues: Terrorism: Preparedness
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: War on Terrorism: International Policy: North America: United States
American Privacy at Risk: Homeland Security Act
- Petition to amend the Homeland Security Act to disallow the "Total Information Awareness" super database system. Includes current signatures.
Anser Institute for Homeland Security
- Provides extensive coverage on the issue and information on current events, a weekly newsletter, bibliography, virtual library and links.
Homeland Security Actions
- Presents policies, news and latest developments in coordinating national strategy to strengthen protections against terrorist threats or attacks in the United States.
Northeast Intelligence Network
- Offers an alternative to government sources about potential terror targets. Includes news and essays.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Governmental agency works to prevent terrorist attacks within the United States, reduce America's vulnerability to terrorism, and minimize the damage from potential attacks and natural disasters. Includes articles, news and grants programs.
Yahoo! Groups - Homeland Security
- Discusses information, issues and contacts for those interested in the domestic preparedness. Features files, polls and photos.
- "Since September 11, a flood of federal legislation has reduced American freedom without increasing our security." [The American Conservative] (May 19, 2003)
Privacy Activist Takes on Delta
- Wired News article about the organized opposition to Delta Airlines' testing of the US government system that would require background checks on all airline passengers as part of security screening. (March 05, 2003)
A Chilly Response to 'Patriot II'
- Outline of the proposed Domestic Security Enhancement Act of 2003. [Wired News] (February 12, 2003)
The War on Terror Flounders
- Comments on the effectiveness of new security measures and homeland defence plans. New York Times, US (free registration required). (May 10, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 4, 2013 at 4:24:35 UTC -