become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Money_in_Politics
Society and Culture
Money in Politics
American Legislative Exchange Council
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues: Tax Policy
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Transparency
Society: Activism: We Are The 99 Percent
Brennan Center for Justice - Money in Politics
- Non-partisan public policy and law institute, focusing on the fundamental issues of democracy and justice.
Center for Public Integrity - Primary Source
- Provides news on developments in the post-Citizens United world of money in politics, augmenting the group's investigative journalism.
Coalition for Accountability in Political Spending (CAPS)
- Bi-partisan coalition of public officials dedicated to transparency and accountability in corporate political spending, urging corporations to strengthen their political spending policies through a combination of direct engagement, pension fund activism, contracting reform and legislation at the state and local level. Founded in 2010 by New York City Public Advocate Bill de Blasio.
Common Cause - Money in Politics
- Provides news and information on the role of special interests in political campaigns, and reforms to help put democracy back in the hands of "we the people."
- Interactive database tracking the flow of money among conservative donors, organizations, and candidates.
Democracy Journal - Everyone's Fight: The New Plan to Defeat Big Money
- December 2013 special issue focused on the problem of Big Money in politics, with eleven invited contributors sharing their views and ideas.
FactCheck.org - 2014 Players Guide
- List of most major independent political groups that have been active or expect to be active in the 2014 federal elections. Includes information on their financial sponsors, when known.
Federal Election Commission (FEC)
- Daily reports of FEC actions, citizens/media guides to agency programs, campaign finance reports, reporting forms and related official information. FEC is the independent agency in charge of regulating the financing of federal political campaigns.
- State-level campaign finance information now intended for academics, advocacy groups and journalists rather than the general public. Sells custom research services.
- 2012-and-earlier archives of state-level campaign contributions, searchable by candidate, contributor, office and state. Includes research and reports. From the National Institute on Money in State Politics.
- Provides information on money and influence in politics by tracking the big donors, how companies and whole industries spend their political money, and recipients of money from politically connected individuals. A project of the Sunlight Foundation.
Journalist's Resource - Elements of "Money in Politics" Stories
- Tips and resources for stories about the role of money in politics. From the Helen Shorenstein Center at Harvard.
Journalist's Resource - Finance and Lobbying
- Range of reports, studies and working papers on how political money and lobbying affects government in the United States. From the Joan Shorenstein Center at Harvard.
The Joyce Foundation - Money and Politics
- Efforts to strengthen democracy by promoting campaign finance reforms, government openness and ethics, fair and competitive elections, an independent judiciary, and informed citizen participation.
- Combines data sets to illuminate the connections between campaign contributions, legislative votes, and support and opposition to key bills by interest groups and companies.
Money in Politics
- A study of party financing practices in 22 countries, an online book by Shari Bryan and Denise Baer, provided by the National Democratic Institute.
Money in Politics Handbook
- A guide to increasing transparency in emerging democracies, provided by USAID. [PDF]
Moyers & Company - Money & Politics
- Collection of reports on the corrosive effects of money and corporate influence on American politics, especially significant after the 2010 Citizens United ruling by the Supreme Court.
- Guide to money in U.S. politics, including campaign money amounts and sources, searchable by party, candidate, lobbyist and election cycle. From the Center for Responsive Politics.
- News and information about campaign finance including lobbyists, firms and clients; donors, PACs, parties and 527s; and candidates. From CQ Roll Call.
- Non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to sweeping campaign reform that aims to dramatically reduce the role of big special interest money in American politics.
Public Citizen - Money in Politics
- Addresses campaign finance reforms and corruption in government contracting.
The Reform Project
- Nonpartisan, anti-corruption organization, led by Buddy Roemer, fighting both the unfair use of money in the political system and the undemocratic developments occurring in the United States.
- Building a non-partisan movement to pass tough anti-corruption laws in cities and states across America, and end the legalized corruption that has come to define modern politics.
- Nonprofit, nonpartisan organization fighting the corrupting influence of money in politics as the root of America's problems. Provides resources and information on how to get involved.
- Information on political PACs set up to mislead voters about issues, public officeholders and candidates. A project of Public Citizen.
- Non-partisan organization fighting the corrupting influence of well-financed special interests over American politics and government. "Democracy is not for sale."
- Searchable database of each Federal award, providing the amount, name and location of the receiving entity, transaction type, funding agency, etc., from the Obama-Coburn Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006.
Washington Post - A Close-Up Look at Congressional Wealth
- Analysis of the personal finances of all 535 members of Congress reveals how the nation’s lawmakers position their portfolios and how they win and lose money on Wall Street.
We the People
- Helping Americans challenge out-of-control corporate influence in our democracy.
Wikipedia - WikiProject Politics: Money and Politics Task Force
- Long-inactive task force worked to ensure that links between government officials and private-sector resources were accurately displayed in relevant articles, emphasizing consistency, global perspective and neutrality.
CNN.com - Is money's deep role in politics the root of our woes?
- David Gergen and Mike Zuckerman discuss the complicated issue of money and politics, and whether politicians' dependence on lobbyists' cash distorts democracy. (November 15, 2011)
ABC News - Top 8 Most Powerful Businessmen Influencing Politics
- Heavy hitters focused on changing the U.S. political climate and influencing global issues, either by using their clout to steer policy debates or using their money to back parties and candidates. (November 14, 2011)
The Economist - Investment and lobbying: Money and politics
- Background information on lobbyists in U.S. government. (October 01, 2011)
Money in Politics
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2015 at 10:51:59 UTC -