become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Money_in_Politics
Society and Culture
Money in Politics
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues: Money in Politics
American Legislative Exchange Council
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues: Tax Policy
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Transparency
Society: Activism: We Are The 99 Percent
Center for Public Integrity - Primary Source
- Provides news on developments in the post-Citizens United world of money in politics, augmenting the group's investigative journalism.
Coalition for Accountability in Political Spending (CAPS)
- Bi-partisan coalition of public officials dedicated to transparency and accountability in corporate political spending, urging corporations to strengthen their political spending policies through a combination of direct engagement, pension fund activism, contracting reform and legislation at the state and local level. Founded in 2010 by New York City Public Advocate Bill de Blasio.
Common Cause - Money in Politics
- Provides news and information on the role of special interests in political campaigns, and reforms to help put democracy back in the hands of "we the people."
Democracy Journal - Everyone's Fight: The New Plan to Defeat Big Money
- December 2013 special issue focused on the problem of Big Money in politics, with eleven invited contributors sharing their views and ideas.
Federal Election Commission (FEC)
- Daily reports of FEC actions, citizens/media guides to agency programs, campaign finance reports, reporting forms and related official information. FEC is the independent agency in charge of regulating the financing of federal political campaigns.
Follow the Money
- Searchable database of state-level campaign contributions, searchable by candidate, contributor, office and state. Includes research and reports. From the National Institute on Money in State Politics.
- Information on money and influence in politics: who the big donors to a politician are, how companies and whole industries spend their political money, and who politically connected individuals have given money.
Journalist's Resource - Elements of "Money in Politics" Stories
- Tips and resources for stories about the role of money in politics. From the Helen Shorenstein Center at Harvard.
The Joyce Foundation - Money and Politics
- Efforts to strengthen democracy by promoting campaign finance reforms, government openness and ethics, fair and competitive elections, an independent judiciary, and informed citizen participation.
- Combines data sets to illuminate the connections between campaign contributions, legislative votes, and support and opposition to key bills by interest groups and companies.
Money in Politics
- A study of party financing practices in 22 countries, an online book by Shari Bryan and Denise Baer, provided by NDI.
Money in Politics Handbook
- A guide to increasing transparency in emerging democracies, provided by USAID.
Moyers & Company - Money & Politics
- Collection of reports on the corrosive effects of money and corporate influence on American politics, especially significant after the 2010 Citizens United ruling by the Supreme Court.
- Guide to money in U.S. politics, including campaign money amounts and sources, searchable by party, candidate, lobbyist and election cycle. From the Center for Responsive Politics.
- News and information about campaign finance including lobbyists, firms and clients; donors, PACs, parties and 527s; and candidates. From CQ Roll Call.
- Non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to sweeping campaign reform that aims to dramatically reduce the role of big special interest money in American politics.
The Reform Project
- Nonpartisan, anti-corruption organization fighting both the unfair use of money in the political system and the undemocratic developments occurring in the United States.
- Nonprofit, nonpartisan organization fighting the corrupting influence of money in politics as the root of America's problems. Provides resources and information on how to get involved.
- Information on political PACs set up to mislead voters about issues, public officeholders and candidates. A project of Public Citizen.
- Non-partisan organization fighting the corrupting influence of well-financed special interests over American politics and government. "Democracy is not for sale."
- Searchable database of each Federal award, providing the amount, name and location of the receiving entity, transaction type, funding agency, etc., from the Obama-Coburn Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006.
Washington Post - A Close-Up Look at Congressional Wealth
- Analysis of the personal finances of all 535 members of Congress reveals how the nation’s lawmakers position their portfolios and how they win and lose money on Wall Street.
We the People
- Helping Americans challenge out-of-control corporate influence in our democracy.
CNN.com - Is money's deep role in politics the root of our woes?
- David Gergen and Mike Zuckerman discuss the complicated issue of money and politics, and whether politicians' dependence on lobbyists' cash distorts democracy. (November 15, 2011)
ABC News - Top 8 Most Powerful Businessmen Influencing Politics
- Heavy hitters focused on changing the U.S. political climate and influencing global issues, either by using their clout to steer policy debates or using their money to back parties and candidates. (November 14, 2011)
The Economist - Investment and lobbying: Money and politics
- Background information on lobbyists in U.S. government. (October 01, 2011)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 22, 2014 at 23:43:41 UTC -