become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health_Care_Reform/State_Initiatives
Society and Culture
Health Care Reform
NCSL - Health Reform
- Legislative updates and reports of healthcare reform proposals and actions, from the National Conference of State Legislatures.
- Retrospective look at the 2007 policy debate over healthcare reform. Includes major proposals, field notes, myths and facts, glossary, news, perspectives, and information about the uninsured.
Colorado Blue Ribbon Commission for Healthcare Reform
- Official state government site for the 2008 commission to study and establish health care reform models for expanding coverage, especially for the underinsured and uninsured, and to decrease health care costs for Colorado residents. Includes final report and recommendations, press releases, meetings and activities, proposals, evaluations and public input.
Fixing Our Broken Health Care System
- Official California government site provides information on the governor's plan. Includes newsroom, get the facts, tell your story, and how to take action.
Illinois Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan (CHIP)
- State insurance program for persons who are unable to obtain private health insurance due to health conditions. Includes news, eligibility rules, alternatives, PPO network, forms and reports.
Indiana University - Healthcare Reform Faculty Study Group
- 2008 workgroup providing the Governor and FSSA Commission with an array of comprehensive, data-driven, evidence-based, policy recommendations regarding improving the structure of Indiana’s health care delivery system as well as expanding health insurance coverage. Includes overview, committees, feedback and resources on what other states and countries are doing.
Massachusetts Health Care Reform Coalition
- Partnership of business, labor, providers, insurers, advocates and consumers to promote the successful implementation of Massachusetts Health Care Reform. Includes FAQ and how to help.
Minnesota Dept. of Health - Minnesota's Health Reform Initiative
- Official state government site provides news and information on Minnesota's 2008 reforms.
National Association of State Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans
- NASCHIP provides information for state high-risk health insurance pools that have been, or are yet to be, established by state governments to serve the 'medically uninsurable' population. Includes list of states with pools, pool vendors, and details about the annual conference.
New Hampshire Health Cost
- Provides information on the price of medical care in New Hampshire by insurance plan and by procedure. It also provides the estimate price of medical care for the uninsured. Site was developed by the New Hampshire Insurance Department and the Commissioner's Advisory Committee on Health Insurance.
New York State Health Care Reform Act (HCRA)
- Official state government site provides news and information about the Health care Reform Act with links to regulatory information.
Vermont's Health Care Reform Agency of Administration
- Official state government site provides news and information about the legislation and its implementation along with an overview, reports, financing reform, containing costs and its Green Mountain Care insurance programs.
New York Times - Insurance Pool to Offer Reduced-Rate Coverage
- Explains federal high-risk pool which a state can use in addition or instead of their own high-risk pool. (April 02, 2010)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 26, 2014 at 0:15:10 UTC -