become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health_Care_Reform/News_and_Media
Society and Culture
Health Care Reform
News and Media
Health: News and Media
News: Media Industry: Watchdogs
ABC News.com - Health Care Reform
- News and video reports on U.S. health care reform. Includes FAQs and profiles of people.
Atlanta Journal-Constitution - Affordable Care Act
- News and resources about the nation's debate over health insurance. Includes columns and blogs, reader comments, town hall meetings, video, and contact information for Georgia's delegation.
Baltimore Sun - Health Care News and Resources
- Provides health care debate news, video, analysis, FAQ and resources including comparisons of congressional plans.
C-SPAN - Health Care Reform
- Collected videos and transcripts of reform efforts including the Affordable Care Act with U.S. Congressional floor debates, hearings and committee markups, town halls, TV ads, and videos from t the White House and ciitzens. Includes links to government resources, legislation and interest groups.
CBS News - Health Care Reform
- Special report provides stories, videos, commentary, reader questions and CBS News polling.
CNN Money - Fixing Health Care
- Ongoing collection of news, analysis and commentary from CNN, Fortune magazine and Money magazine.
CNN.com - Special Report: Health Care in America
- News and commentary with timeline, videos, Dr. Sanjay Gupta and the CNN Truth Squad to answer questions and separate fact from fiction. Includes explainers on policy, costs and issues.
The Guardian - US Healthcare
- Ongoing news, commentary and analysis of healthcare reform efforts in the United States. Includes videos, blogs and related topics.
Huffington Post - Health Care Reform
- Collected commentary on U.S. healthcare reform.
Journal of Clinical Investigation - US Health Care Reform: The Physician’s Voice
- JCI invited academics, physician scientists, and key leaders to voice their opinions of what is needed to fix the American medical machine.
JURIST - Health Care Reform
- Ongoing academic, professional and student commentary on litigation in lawsuits filed in federal courts.
Los Angeles Times - Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
- News and information about healthcare reform in the U.S. Includes plan comparisons, common questions, Ask the Experts, and how to take action.
Los Angeles Times - Healthcare Reform
- Ongoing news coverage including Q&A with glossary of key terms and questions from readers.
MarketWatch - Health Care
- News and information about health care including the Affordable Care Act and the exchanges.
Media Matters for America - Health Care
- Media watchdog group fact-checks and reports on health reform news coverage.
National Journal - Health Care
- In-depth news and analysis of healthcare reform, aimed at decision makers and policy influencers in government, business and the news media. Many reports are subscriber-only.
NBC News - Dose of Reality
- Ongoing coverage of health care reform including news, video, interactives, reader stories, tools and explainers.
New England Journal of Medicine - Health Care Reform 2009
- News and analysis of healthcare reform in general as well as special legislative proposals. Includes costs, what physicians and patients are saying, international perspectives, forums and resources.
The New York Times - Health Care Reform and the Supreme Court (Affordable Care Act)
- Collection of recent and archived news and commentary, photos, multimedia and selected web resources about health care reform and the Supreme Court.
The New York Times - Times Topics: Health Care Reform
- Overview, news articles, commentary, multimedia and archival information about health care reform.
NPR - Prescriptions for Change
- Ongoing coverage of health care reform regarding legislation, money and influence, the current system, innovations, providers and patients. Includes timeline, podcasts and blog.
PBS - Healthcare Crisis: Who's At Risk?
- 2000 PBS report on healthcare in the U.S., covering the issues of health insurance, the uninsured, managed care, Medicare, long term and chronic care. Includes healthcare timeline, interviews with experts, glossary and classroom materials.
PBS Video - Health Care Reform
- Collected coverage of the future of the U.S. health care system.
Politico - Topic: Health Care Reform
- Ongoing political news coverage of U.S. health care reform legislation.
RealClearPolitics - Health Care
- Collected articles and videos about reforming health care in the U.S.
Reuters.com - Special Coverage: Healthcare Reform
- Ongoing collection of news and video about healthcare reform in the United States.
San Jose Mercury News - Health Care
- News, photos and video from the Mercury News and other media sources.
Time - What Health-Care Reform Really Means
- Collection of special reports, Q&A, graphics and video about the effect of healthcare reform on patients, business owners, insurance companies, hospitals and doctors.
Wall Street Journal - Health Reform
- Ongoing coverage with news, analysis, video and links to related topics.
Wall Street Journal - The WSJ Guide to ObamaCare
- Collection of the editorials and op-eds from Rupert Murdoch's financial newspaper.
Washington Post - Health-Care 2010
- Ongoing news and analysis about the U.S. healthcare debate from the Washington Post and other sources. Includes surveys, graphics, panel of experts and noteworthy events.
WebMD - FAQ: Making Sense of Health Care Reform
- Explains the basics of the health care reform proposals and bills being discussed by lawmakers.
New York Times - Lobbyists Fight Last Big Plans to Cut Health Care Costs
- "As the health care debate moves to the floor of Congress, most of the serious proposals to fulfill President Obama’s original vow to curb costs have fallen victim to organized interests and parochial politics." (October 10, 2009)
Bloomberg Business Week - Special Report: The Battle Over Health Care
- In-depth coverage of healthcare reform with news and analysis focusing on costs, budget deficits, tort reform and insurance companies. (September 15, 2009)
ProPublica - Health Care Reform: Search the Competing Bills, and See What Hoops They Have to Jump Through
- Information on the House and the Senate health care legislation. Each bill is posted to their searchable document viewer, and is kept updated with changes. Includes links to related articles. (September 14, 2009)
Houston Chronicle - Med Center CEOs Examine Health Care Reform
- Examines both the failure and the promise of the U.S. health care system in Houston. Almost one-third of the residents have no insurance, the highest percentage for any major city in the country, yet it's also home to the Texas Medical Center, a world-renowned grouping of medical institutions - trauma centers, research hospitals, educational facilities - that offer everything from pioneering treatment to grass roots preventive care. How to address the failure without undermining the promise? (September 13, 2009)
J. Bradford DeLong - Health Care Reform: Memories of 1994
- Well-known economist who worked in the U.S. Treasury Department under Secretary Lloyd Bentsen recalls the problems with healthcare reform in 1994, and contrasts them with 2009. (September 03, 2009)
Al Jazeera - Fault Lines: Healthcare Reform
- Full video of their August 2009 program about healthcare reform in the U.S. "In the back rooms a battle is raging as the powerful healthcare industry pushes for change that will not change their bottom line." (August 06, 2009)
New York Magazine - The Idiot’s Guide to Health-Care Reform
- Guide to the major players in healthcare reform, reviewing their goals, strategies, and odds of success. (August 06, 2009)
Time - Nurse Practitioners' Role in Expanded Health Care
- Expanded health care will mean more demand for primary-care physicians, and nurse practitioners could help ease the burden (August 03, 2009)
PolitiFact - E-mail 'Analysis' of Health Bill Needs a Check-up
- Page-by-page analysis of a chain e-mail about the House health care bill, a clearinghouse of bad information circulating around the Web about proposed health care. From the Tampa Bay Times factcheckers. (July 30, 2009)
Time - The Five Biggest Hurdles to Health-Care Reform
- Analysis of the biggest hurdles: curbing costs, raising revenue, coverage questions, personal touch, and public perception. Includes links to related articles. (July 27, 2009)
New Scientist - The Scientific Arguments for US Healthcare Reform
- Video on why reform is needed, using data from the Dartmouth Atlas of Health Care and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. (July 24, 2009)
Ezra Klein - Health Care Reform for Beginners: The Many Flavors of the Public Plan
- The reasons for a public plan, the role it would play, and the differences between a strong public plan and a 'trigger' public plan. Includes related resources. (June 08, 2009)
News and Media
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 22, 2015 at 9:45:00 UTC -