become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health_Care_Reform/Guides_and_Directories
Society and Culture
Health Care Reform
Guides and Directories
Consumer Reports - Guide to Health Care Reform
- News, analysis and information about insurance, getting access, patient safety, comparative effectiveness and your right to know along with videos, CU's own healthcare reform efforts and Top 10 wish list.
Ezra Klein - Health Reform For Beginners
- Archive of Ezra Klein's most general coverage of healthcare reform, with links to the rest of his articles on health care, other blogs and resources.
The Guardian - Understanding the Healthcare Battle: The Best Resources from Around the Web
- Guides, resources and news reports to help navigate through the legal maze of the Supreme Court's 2012 hearings.
Health Care Talk
- Forum of national and state discussions about the issues surrounding access to health care.
Journalist's Resource - Health and Medical Research Websites
- Resources including research centers, databases and journals. From the Joan Shorenstein Center at Harvard.
Journalist's Resource - Studies Database: Health Care
- Collected research studies related to U.S. health care.
Kaiser Family Foundation - Health Reform Subsidy Calculator: Premium Assistance for Coverage in Exchanges/Gateways
- Tool illustrating premiums and government assistance provided under the health reform bills originally passed by the House and Senate and the final legislation for people purchasing coverage on their own in an Exchange and are under 65 and not covered through their employer, Medicare or Medicaid.
NCSL - Federal Health Reform: State Implementation Entities, Reports, and Research
- Current developments, information highlights and resources on federal and state level health care reforms. From the National Conference of State Legislatures.
Project Vote Smart - Health
- Provides information on key votes, public statements, interest group ratings and ballot measures, nationally and by state.
ProPublica - Eye on Health Care Reform
- Following health care reform through the legislative process and beyond.
Slate - An Online Guide to Following the Health Care Legislation
- Timothy Noah's guide to the best online information sources for U.S. healthcare reform. Includes government, bloggers, columnists, news media, academics and think-tanks.
- Interactive tools to compare and contrast health data from each of the 50 states. From The Kaiser Family Foundation.
U.S. Health Policy Gateway
- Extensive directory of government and public agencies, institutes, organizations and people related to health care policy along with area profiles and comparisons, glossary, and news and information about issues and topics.
Wikipedia - Health Care Reform in the United States
- Crowd-sourced encyclopedia article includes information on health care systems, specific bills and advocacy groups.
Washington Post - Online Resources for Information on Health-Care Reform
- Collection of guides to the new health insurance rules in effect now that the 2010 bill is law. From foundations, industry groups and consumer advocates. (April 06, 2010)
Slate - A Short History of Health Care
- The history of U.S. health care since the 1920's demonstrates how market-driven healthcare undermines the very idea that the cost of illness should be spread out among the general population, healthy and unhealthy alike. "Assigning health care costs to sick people is what the market wants to do." (March 13, 2007)
Guides and Directories
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 25, 2013 at 22:51:25 UTC -