become an editor
the entire directory
only in Health_Care_Reform/Alternative_Systems
Society and Culture
Health Care Reform
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues: Health Care Reform: Alternative Systems
HMOs and Managed Care
Society: Issues: Health: Health Policy
European Observatory - Snapshots of Health Systems
- Summaries and comparisons of the healthcare systems of each country in Europe, including figures and tables. From the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies. [PDF]
European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies
- Public-private partnership which supports and promotes evidence-based health policy-making through comprehensive and rigorous analysis of the dynamics of health care systems in Europe. Includes Health System Profiles (HiTs) and other publications, events, research topics and country profiles.
Health Policy Monitor
- The International Network of Health Policy and Reform, a 20-country project, provides news and information relating to healthcare policy issues and reforms.
Indiana Healthcare Reform Workgroup - Resources
- Information about healthcare systems, overview spreadsheets, and reform ideas and proposals in several U.S. states and in other countries.
PBS - Frontline: Sick Around the World
- Documentary on how five capitalist democracies - Germany, Japan, Taiwan, Switzerland, the UK - handle healthcare for their citizens. Includes full video and transcript, interviews, analysis, Q&A, teacher's guide and additional resources.
Physicians for a National Health Program - International Resources
- Annotated list of online resources relating to healthcare systems in various countries, including comparisons. Collected by Joel A. Harrison, Ph.D., MPH.
Substitute for H.R. 3962 by Mr. Boehner of Ohio
- Full text of the Amendment to H.R. 3962 (full substitution) proposed by Republican U.S. Representative John Boehner, Minority Leader.
SwissInfo.ch - US Healthcare Reform Looks to the Swiss
- As the US prepares for major surgery on its ailing health care system, tips from the Swiss system could help get the job done.
Congressional Budget Office Thrashes Republican Health-Care Plan
- Ezra Klein reports on the Congressional Budget Office's report on the Boehner alternative healthcare reform plan. (November 05, 2009)
New York Times - Swiss Health Care Thrives Without Public Option
- "...many academics who have studied the Swiss health care system have pointed to this Alpine nation of about 7.5 million as a model that delivers much of what Washington is aiming to accomplish — without the contentious option of a government-run health insurance plan." (September 30, 2009)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:34:17 PM EST -