become an editor
the entire directory
only in Gun_Control/Advocacy_Groups
Society and Culture
NRA National Rifle Association
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: By State
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Movements: Patriot and Sovereignty: Militia Movement
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
- Presents news and press releases, facts, legislation, and information on how to take action.
The Campaign to Stop Gun Violence
- Gives a statement of principles and posts a members list of national organizations supporting the organization. Fosters research and education about gun violence; supporting grassroots efforts to prevent gun violence; and advocating gun policies like universal background checks and enhanced screening and training for individuals who carry guns in public.
Cato Institute - Gun Control
- Collected studies, articles and commentary about gun control efforts in the U.S.
Center to Prevent Youth Violence (CPYV)
- Provides information, programs, events, news and resources regarding how to stop youth violence. For kids and teens, parents, educators and partners.
Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
- Coalition of 48 national organizations seeking to secure freedom from gun violence through research, strategic engagement and effective policy advocacy. Provides news and information on their current issues and campaigns.
Common Sense about Kids and Guns
- Public education organization dedicated to providing all adults with information and safety tips to help protect children from gun accidents and violence.
- Reducing violence by treating it as an infectious epidemic, stopping it at its source. Explains their Violence Interruption technique, case studies, campaigns, local sites, and how to get involved.
Don't Lie For the Other Guy
- National campaign to prevent the illegal purchase of firearms, commonly called 'straw purchases'.
FCNL - Gun Violence Prevention
- Advocates policies that encourage community mediation, conflict resolution, and other programs to resolve conflict peacefully and to promote mutual respect. They also advocate stricter gun control and the reduction of gun ownership, possession, and use. From the Friends Committee on National Legislation.
Gun Free Kids
- Provides tools for people to take action on pending state and national legislation and assists voters nationwide in learning about and supporting state-based candidates who favor sound gun violence prevention policies.
Gun Owners of America
- "The only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington." Includes congressional news and ratings, media releases, resources, and how to take action.
Independent Firearm Owners Association (IFOA)
- Promoting safe and responsible firearms ownership as guaranteed by the Second Amendment while supporting effective solutions for complex criminal justice problems.
The Joyce Foundation - Gun Violence Prevention
- Keeping communities safe by working with law enforcement and policy makers for gun violence prevention, using public education and engagement, law enforcement support, and policy oriented research.
Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
- National law center focused on providing comprehensive legal expertise in support of gun violence prevention and the promotion of smart gun laws that save lives. Includes searchable firearms law database, model laws, comparisons, studies and statistics.
League of Women Voters - Gun Control
- Provides their Statement of Position on Gun Control, as adopted by 1990 Convention and amended by the 1994 and 1998 Conventions. Includes historical background.
Mayors Against Illegal Guns
- Supporting the Second Amendment and the rights of citizens to own guns, while working to prevent criminals from illegally obtaining guns and using them. Provides news and information, recommendations on legislation and initiatives, the Trace Data Center, research, investigations, and public opinion.
National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF)
- Manages a variety of programs designed to promote understanding of, and more active participation in, the shooting sports.
- National program to promote safe firearms handling and storage practices by all firearms owners through education and free cable-style gun locking devices distributed through local law enforcement agencies.
Protest Easy Guns
- Provides a blog, videos, photos, Gun Facts 101 and information on how to get involved. "We are not against hunters, guns for private protection or collectors of guns. We are for background checks for gun purchases and keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, dangerous individuals, and people not capable of handling a gun responsibly."
States United to Prevent Gun Violence
- News, alerts, list of affiliate gun violence prevention organizations, and resources.
Student Pledge Against Gun Violence
- Promotes the Day of National Concern about Young People and Gun Violence which is observed in schools throughout the country each October.
Violence Policy Center (VPC)
- Advocating for gun regulations based on research, investigations and analysis. Provides press releases, publications, and how to support them.
The White House - Now Is the Time
- Supporting a reduction in gun violence by combining executive actions and legislative action to help keep guns out of the wrong hands, ban assault and high-capacity magazines, make schools safer, and increase access to mental health services.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 3, 2015 at 6:54:07 UTC -