become an editor
the entire directory
only in Election_Reform/Term_Limits
Society and Culture
Citizens for Term Limit Awareness
- Supports term limits in the US Congress in order to alleviate career politicians. Includes position statement, articles on term limits, and historic quotes.
- OligarchyUSA.com describes the real nature of the world we live in... and how we must change it to restore effective democracy. Book Title: The Case For A One-Term Presidency.
Real Term Limits: Now More than Ever
- Presents arguments for term limits and rebuffs several anti-term limit arguments.
U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton, 514 U.S. 779 (1995).
- This case explains why it is unconstitutional for a state law to require term limits for US Congressional representatives.
What Term Limits Do That Ordinary Voting Cannot
- This article contests the argument that we have term limits in the form of elections.
Why I oppose Term Limits
- Site examines arguments against term limits and provides alternatives to term limits.
Term limits prevailing (St. Petersburg Times)
- Tampa mayor falls victim to term limits when voters reject an act repealing the law. (Election 2000 coverage.) (November 08, 2000)
Term Limits Take Effect (Washington Post)
- Report on Term limit movements across the country, on a state and national level. (March 05, 1999)
Washingtonpost.com: Term Limits Special Report
- Chart showing when state legislature term limits will go into effect. (June 02, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 3, 2013 at 2:18:28 UTC -