become an editor
the entire directory
only in Election_Reform/Campaign_Finance
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues: Election Reform: Campaign Finance
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Candidates and Campaigns
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues: Money in Politics
Almanac of Policy Issues: Campaign Finance Reform
- Current news, background on the McCain-Feingold "soft money" reform bill, and links on US campaign finance reform.
Brookings Institute: Campaign Finance Reform
- Includes a sourcebook on campaign finance law and administration, a newly launched and continuously updates section on recent developments in campaign finance regulation, legislation pending in the US Congress, external links, and a public forum.
California Clean Money Campaign
- A campaign for clean elections legislation in the state of California.
Campaign Finance "Reform": The Good, the Bad, and the Unconstitutional
- Report published in July 1999 arguing against restrictions on campaign spending and "soft money" contributions on constitutional grounds. By James Bopp, Jr. of the Heritage Foundation.
Campaign Finance Information Center
- CFIC is dedicated to helping journalists cover campaigns more in-depth by following the campaign money trail.
Campaign Finance Search
- A searchable database of information regarding the election campaigns of many politicians in the USA.
Center for Responsive Politics
- The Center for Responsive Politics is a non-partisan, non-profit research group based in Washington, D.C. that tracks money in politics, and its effect on elections and public policy. The Center conducts computer-based research on campaign finance issues for the news media, academics, activists, and the public at large.
CleanUpWashington.org: Campaign Finance Reform
- Part of Public Citizen's "Congress Watch" project. Current initiatives in Congress, nnalysis, and proposals.
- U.S. citizens organization working to end special-interest politics and reform government ethics, largely through campaign finance reform.
- DM is a national student organization with a focus on campaign finance reform through clean elections systems.
Democracy Matters, University of Puget Sound Chapter
- A chapter of the nation-wide student organization promoting interest in and legislation for publicly funded elections as a way to reduce the influence of big money donors.
Federal Election Commission: Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002
- Overview of the McCain-Feingold act.
Granny D. Home Page
- Web page of Senior citizen Doris Haddock ("Granny D.")who walked across the country, arriving in Washington, D.C. in Feb. 2000, to support campaign finance reform.
Illinois Campaign for Political Reform Homepage
- Non-partisan group working to take big money out of Illinois politics. Updated campaign finance information on Illinois politicians.
Massachusetts Voters for Clean Elections
- Non-partisan citizen group working to reduce the influence of private money in the electoral process. Includes a description of the reform, FAQ, news, and how to get involved.
- Details information on PAC money which is contributed to the various political candidates. Information can be sorted alphabetically or by industry.
ProPublica - Buying Your Vote
- Following the money in U.S. campaigns and elections.
ProPublica - Free the Files
- Project to identify secret donors who are funding outside groups to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to influence elections.
- Non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to sweeping campaign reform that aims to dramatically reduce the role of big special interest money in American politics.
- Proposes responsible campaign finance reform for Texas, one of only a few states that has neither contribution limits nor public financing. Includes a proposal, recent bills, and contact information for legislators.
The American Prospect - Revitalizing Democracy
- A collection of news, resources, and organizations concerning government reform from The American Prospect magazine.
The Campaign Finance Institute
- Conducts research and education, empanels task forces, and makes recommendations for policy change in the field of campaign finance.
The Campaign Legal Center
- Represents the public interest in strong enforcement of campaign finance laws.
The Joyce Foundation: Money and Politics
- Provides grants for projects to improve campaign finance restrictions, force broadcasters to improve coverage of public affairs, and seek to strengthen the independence and impartiality of the judiciary in the Great Lakes region of the United States.
UCB Libraries - GovPubs: Campaign Finance
- Annotated links to U.S., Colorado and international sources about campaign finance methods and issues.
Washington Public Campaigns
- A campaign for clean elections legislation in the state of Washington.
- Detailed, informative site about campaign financing in USA as it is today and what can be changed. Also contains detailed info about Dean, Kerry, and G.W. Bush presidential campaigns.
Wisconsin Democracy Campaign Finance Reform
- Nonpartisan coalition for campaign finance reform in Wisconsin. Provides online campaign finance record for state legislators.
Shedding Electronic Light on Campaign Finance
- By Ashley Craddock. [Wired News] California's Legislature and Secretary of State push new efforts to give wider public access to who spends what to elect whom. (April 15, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:12:53 AM EDT -