become an editor
the entire directory
only in Election_Reform/Campaign_Finance
Society and Culture
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Candidates and Campaigns
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues: Money in Politics
- Supporters of a 28th Amendment which would create a 4th branch of government to oversee, audit and distribute campaign contributions, returning the U.S. to a one-vote, one-voice democracy. A post-partisan social movement that hopes to join forces with organizations, communities and kindred spirits.
Almanac of Policy Issues: Campaign Finance Reform
- Current news, background on the McCain-Feingold "soft money" reform bill, and links on US campaign finance reform.
The American Prospect - Revitalizing Democracy
- A collection of news, resources, and organizations concerning government reform from The American Prospect magazine.
Americans for Campaign Reform
- Supporting public funding of campaigns as the nation's single most critical long-term public policy issue. Dedicated to stopping big money buying access and influence in Washington, dominating and corrupting politics.
Brookings Institute: Campaign Finance Reform
- Includes a sourcebook on campaign finance law and administration, a newly launched and continuously updates section on recent developments in campaign finance regulation, legislation pending in the US Congress, external links, and a public forum.
California Clean Money Campaign
- A campaign for clean elections legislation in the state of California.
Campaign Finance "Reform": The Good, the Bad, and the Unconstitutional
- Report published in July 1999 arguing against restrictions on campaign spending and "soft money" contributions on constitutional grounds. By James Bopp, Jr. of the Heritage Foundation.
Campaign Finance Information Center
- CFIC is dedicated to helping journalists cover campaigns more in-depth by following the campaign money trail.
The Campaign Finance Institute
- Conducts research and education, empanels task forces, and makes recommendations for policy change in the field of campaign finance.
Campaign Finance Search
- A searchable database of information regarding the election campaigns of many politicians in the USA.
The Campaign Legal Center
- Represents the public interest in strong enforcement of campaign finance laws.
CleanUpWashington.org - Campaign Finance Reform
- Part of Public Citizen's "Congress Watch" project. Current initiatives in Congress, analysis and proposals.
- U.S. citizens organization working to end special-interest politics and reform government ethics, largely through campaign finance reform.
- DM is a national student organization with a focus on campaign finance reform through clean elections systems.
Every Voice Center
- Group working to increase political participation and raise the voices of everyday people in politics through various forms of public financing that have worked in cities and states across the U.S.
Federal Election Commission: Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002
- Overview of the McCain-Feingold act.
The Illinois Campaign for Political Reform
- Non-partisan group working to take big money out of state politics. Includes campaign finance information on Illinois politicians.
The Joyce Foundation - Democracy
- Project encouraging U.S. citizens to participate in democracy by promoting campaign finance reform, ethical government, fair elections, and an independent judiciary.
No Money Elections
- Working to amend the U.S. Constitution to completely prohibit private campaign spending, make political speech free in a public forum, and adopt uniform election rules.
- Guide to money in U.S. politics, including campaign money amounts and sources, searchable by party, candidate, lobbyist and election cycle. From the Center for Responsive Politics.
ProPublica - Buying Your Vote
- Following the money in U.S. campaigns and elections.
ProPublica - Free the Files
- Project to identify secret donors who are funding outside groups to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to influence elections.
Public Citizen - White House For Sale
- Information about U.S. Presidential campaign financing by bundlers and federal lobbyists, starting in 2000, and working for publuc funding of presidential and congressional candidates.
- Proposes responsible campaign finance reform for Texas, one of only a few states that has neither contribution limits nor public financing. Includes a proposal, recent bills, and contact information for legislators.
UCB Libraries - GovPubs: Campaign Finance
- Annotated links to U.S., Colorado and international sources about campaign finance methods and issues.
Washington Public Campaigns
- A campaign for clean elections legislation in the state of Washington.
Wisconsin Democracy Campaign Finance Reform
- Nonpartisan coalition for campaign finance reform in Wisconsin. Provides online campaign finance record for state legislators.
- Working to reverse Citizens United, restore democracy, and save the Republic by supporting public funding of political campaigns.
New York Times - The Families Funding the 2016 Presidential Election Campaign
- Information about the 158 families who have provided nearly half of the early money for efforts to capture the White House. (October 10, 2015)
New York Times - Secret Money Fueling a Flood of Political Ads
- More than half of the general election advertising aired by outside groups in the battle for control of Congress has come from organizations that disclose little or nothing about their donors, a flood of secret money that is now at the center of a debate over the line between free speech and corruption. (October 10, 2014)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 14, 2015 at 14:35:50 UTC -