become an editor
the entire directory
only in Candidates_and_Campaigns/Guides_and_Directories
Society and Culture
Candidates and Campaigns
Guides and Directories
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Issues: Money in Politics
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Politics: Transparency
The American National Election Studies
- A collaboration of Stanford University and the University of Michigan, producing data on voting, public opinion, and political participation.
Asian American Politics
- Asian American candidates and issues, close Congressional races, voting records, Presidential election, Hall of Shame, statistics of Asian Americans at colleges and law firms.
Center for Public Integrity - Consider the Source
- Provide the narrative behind the flow of money and how professional politicking is influencing a flood of new spending. Individual financial profiles on PACs, nonprofit groups, donors and expenditures.
Congressional Report Cards
- Non-partisan, non-profit, member-supported site which records whether individual members of the U.S. Congress supported or opposed pieces of legislation.
The Cook Political Report
- Independent, non-partisan analysis of U.S. elections.
CQ Rollcall - Political MoneyLine
- Detailed news and information on money in politics including subscription databases of PACs, parties, 527s, candidates, lobbyists and their clients.
- Directory of campaign, candidate, election and voting news and information. Includes political discussions with local chapters.
Federal Election Commission (FEC)
- Daily reports of FEC actions, citizens/media guides to agency programs, campaign finance reports, reporting forms and related official information. FEC is the independent agency in charge of regulating the financing of federal political campaigns.
Follow the Money
- Searchable database of state-level campaign contributions, searchable by candidate, contributor, office and state. Includes research and reports. From the National Institute on Money in State Politics.
Follow the Unlimited Money
- Reporting on non-campaign election spending, organized by states, races, candidates, Super PACs and the organizations which contribute to them, independent expenditures and electioneering communications. A project of the Sunlight Foundation.
Google Politics & Elections
- Information and resources including news videos, trends and ballot interactive.
Initiative & Referendum Institute - Ballotwatch
- Provides regularly updated status reports on initiatives and referendums for statewide ballot.
League of Women Voters- Smart Voter
- Provides information about local and statewide candidates and issues in California, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
On The Issues
- Provides non-partisan information about the positions and voting records of candidates on various issues. Features quizzes, FAQ and a forum.
OpenCongress - Project RaceTracker
- Open-source, non-partisan resource tracking every election campaign for U.S. Senators, U.S. Representatives and state governors.
- Guide to money in U.S. politics, including campaign money amounts and sources, searchable by party, candidate, lobbyist and election cycle. From the Center for Responsive Politics.
Players Guide 2014
- Profiles of organizations active in raising and spending money to influence voters in 2014, selected based on amounts or media attention, including super PACs which disclose donors and Section 501(c) groups which do not.
- News and information about campaign finance including lobbyists, firms and clients; donors, PACs, parties and 527s; and candidates. From CQ Roll Call.
Politics1.com - The 50 State Pages
- Directory of state and congressional candidates and campaigns, state parties and local news sources.
Project Vote Smart
- Non-partisan information on U.S. federal and state candidates, ballot measures, issues and legislation. Includes directory of national and state political resources.
- Provides news and guides for the Presidential, congressional, state and local races. Includes candidate profiles, news, and campaign highlights.
The Rothenberg Political Report
- U.S. political blog including campaign analysis and race ratings.
Sunlight Foundation - Influence Explorer: Race-Wide Spending Yotals
- Summary and detailed candidate fundraising and spending along with outside spending by political groups, for and against. Narrow down by House/Senate, by state, by race, or by Rothenberg ratings.
University of Pennsylvania Library - Research Guide: U.S. Elections: Historical and Contemporary
- Guide designed to assist in locating information on major U.S. political parties and the election process at the federal level.
- Directory of federal, state and local campaign websites.
- Provides customized sample ballots, using voter's address, to provide side-by-side comparisons of candidates with pictures, bios, social media links and issue positions. Sections for voters, researchers, candidates and volunteers.
- Elected officials and candidates for state office.
The Wall Street Journal - How Much Much Are Super PACs Spending?
- View all Super PACs spending in the election cycle, including who spent the money, what they spent it on, and which candidate the spending targeted.
Wesleyan Media Project
- Tracks and analyzes all broadcast advertisements aired by or on behalf of federal and state election candidates in every media market in the country, providing real-time information on the extent of corporate and union spending in federal election campaigns across the country, who specifically is doing that spending, and which candidates are benefiting.
Guides and Directories
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 21, 2014 at 1:07:38 UTC -