become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organizations/Congressionally_Chartered
Society and Culture
American Legion, The
Boy Scouts of America
Boys and Girls Clubs of America
Catholic War Veterans of the United States of America
Civil Air Patrol
Daughters of American Colonists
Daughters of the American Revolution, National Society of
Fleet Reserve Association
Future Farmers of America
Girl Scouts of the United States of America
Jewish War Veterans of the United States of America
Ladies of the Grand Army of the Republic
Little League Baseball
Marine Corps League
Military Order of the Purple Heart of the United States of America
National Education Association of the United States
National Ski Patrol
National Woman's Relief Corps
Naval Sea Cadet Corps
Paralyzed Veterans of America
Polish Legion of American Veterans
Sons of the American Revolution, National Society of
Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War
Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States
Vietnam Veterans of America
Regional: North America: United States: Government
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Legislative Branch
American Chemical Society
- A self-governed, chartered individual membership organization of professionals and scientists. Site features resources for educators and students, amateur chemists, and policy makers as well as chemical and chemistry-related news, factoids, events, and reference items.
American Council of Learned Societies
- A private non-profit federation of national scholarly organizations advancing the humanities and social sciences. ACLS fellowship and grant information; member organizations; publications; and news available on the site.
American Ex-Prisoners of War
- National organization for military and civilian Americans captured by the enemy during wartime. Benefits and award information, biographies of former POWS, and information and resources for ex-POWs and their next of kin available.
American Gold Star Mothers, Inc.
- Composed of American mothers who have lost a child serving in the armed forces in foreign conflicts. History, reports from recent events, and headquarters tour online.
American Historical Association
- Umbrella organization for professional historians in the United States. Site links to publications and journals, affiliated organizations, and annual meeting information, as well as providing job ads, teaching and education guides, and other history resources.
The American Society of International Law (ASIL)
- Membership organization in the United States dedicated to advancing the study and use of international law. Information about activities and publications and links to international law resources.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
- Youth mentoring organization founded in 1904. History, success stories and news, volunteer information, and sponsorship/shopping opportunities provided.
Blinded Veterans Association (BVA)
- Service and advocacy organization for blind and visually impaired U.S. veterans. Newsletter, description of services, and related links provided.
Blue Star Mothers of America, Inc.
- An organization for all mothers who have children serving or who have served in the U.S. armed forces. History, member directory, newsletter, discussion forum, event information, and related links provided.
Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP)
- Promotes firearms safety training and rifle practice for all qualified U.S. citizens, with special emphasis on youth, through a network of state associations and local clubs. Resources for marksmanship, firearms and range safety, shooting competitions, and parts and ammunition sales.
Congressional Medal of Honor Society (CMOHS)
- Society created by the U.S. Congress in remembrance of recipients of the Medal of Honor, the highest military award.
Daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War 1861-65
- Sororial lineage society which seeks to honor their ancestors through public service. Site offers membership requirements, state listings, society departments, projects, history, and links.
Federal Bar Association (FBA)
- Professional organization for private and government lawyers and judges involved in federal practice. Calendar, membership and chapter information, description of sections and structure, publications, and related links provided.
Frederick Douglass National Historic Site (National Park Service)
- News and events at the Washington, DC historic site.
Gold Star Wives of America, Inc.
- An organization for spouses of those killed in the US military on active duty or from service connected disabilities. Membership application, widow support links, and roster of directors and local chapters available.
Italian American War Veterans of the United States
- Events, history, information about membership and auxiliaries, and links to state departments.
League of American Orchestras
- National network of symphony, chamber, youth, and collegiate orchestras of all sizes which advocates for orchestras and the music they perform to the public. Resources for orchestras, conference and event calendar, and news.
Military Chaplains' Association (MCA)
- Professional support organization for military chaplaincy in the U.S. Information about scholarship programs, membership, national institutes, and Distinguished Service Awardees provided.
Military Order of the World Wars
- A national patriotic organization of American military officers of all services and their descendants. Calendar, high school and ROTC guides, MOWW history, and organizational background.
The National Academies
- Portal page for the National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, National Research Council, and Institute of Medicine.
National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame
- Bonner Springs, Kansas museum chartered by Congress to honor the American farmer. Site describes events and education programs, provides museum facility overview and visitor information, and relates history and current interests.
National Aviation Hall of Fame (NAHF)
- Located at the United States Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio. Includes history, list of enshrinees, educational materials, and links to other web sites.
National Conference of State Societies
- Association of 55 state and territorial societies which celebrate the history, traditions, schools, customs, and the economy of the US states and territories. Site features history, calendar and Cherry Blossom Festival information, photo gallery, and directory.
National Conference on Citizenship (NCOC)
- Organization devoted to improving civic education and effective participation in citizenship activities on the part of US citizens. Programs and projects, history, and officer profiles.
National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (NCRP)
- Seeks to formulate and disseminate information, guidance and recommendations on radiation protection and measurements which represent the consensus of leading scientific thinking. Member organizations, documents and publications, and background and description of current programs offered.
National Fallen Firefighters Foundation
- Sponsors programs to honor firefighters fallen in the line of duty, and to assist their families and coworkers. Information about the Memorial Weekend and other events, benefits and programs, and history.
National Federation of Music Clubs
- Non-profit organization dedicated to music education and the promotion of creative and performing arts in the US. Competition and event information, award winners, links to state organizations, and publication information provided.
National Film Preservation Foundation (NFPF)
- Raises money for non-profit and public archives to preserve and make available endangered films that are not protected by commercial interests. Preservation basics, news, current grants and projects, and links to archives.
National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum
- Leadville, Colorado monument to pioneers in the discovery, development and processing of the natural resources of the US. Directions, virtual museum, hall of fame, news, and facility information provided.
National Music Council
- Dedicated to strengthening the importance of music in US life and culture; US representative to the International Music Council/UNESCO. History, legislative updates, and membership information available.
National Safety Council
- Membership organization which advocates for public safety and health. Site features resources and statistics on safety, health and environmental topics, training, and products; also provides chapter listing, event information, and news.
National Tropical Botanical Garden
- Kalaheo, Hawaii facility dedicated to the conservation of tropical plant diversity, particularly rare and endangered species. Site describes conservation and research programs, garden locations, and educational activities.
Navy Wives Clubs of America (NWCA)
- National federation of spouses of personnel enlisted or past enlisted in the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. Includes chapter locations, board member roster, and information about the national project and scholarship.
Non Commissioned Officers Association (NCOA)
- Advocates on behalf of enlisted men and women in the five branches of the US armed forces, including National Guard and Reserve. Member benefits, chapters, legislative news and resolutions, and publications available.
Reserve Officers Association
- Professional association representing the commissioned and warrant officers of the uniformed services. News and event information, legislative alerts, membership information, programs by military section, and defense education resources.
Retired Enlisted Association
- Advocacy group for active duty and retired enlisted personnel. Legislative and health care information, outreach programs, and current news offered online.
Theodore Roosevelt Association.
- Group which celebrates the life and career of Teddy Roosevelt. Provides biography, timeline, cartoons, and photographs, as well as research resources.
U.S. Capitol Historical Society
- A nonprofit and nonpartisan educational organization created in 1962 to promote the history of the Capitol building and of the U.S. Congress. Includes calendar, membership application, educational resources, publications and symposia links, and online exhibit.
United Services Organization
- Provides morale, welfare, and recreational services to uniformed military personnel. Site describes entertainments, programs and services, locations, and special events.
United States Association of Former Members of Congress (USAFMC)
- Founded in 1970 to promote improved public understanding of the U.S. Congress and of representative democracy. Articles from former members, event and program information, memorials, publications, and related links.
United States Navy Club
- National Service Organization of U.S. citizens who have served, or are now serving, in the U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, Marines, or Seabees. Application, ship roster, ladies' auxiliary, and related links offered.
United States Olympic Committee
- Calendar, athlete biographies, photographs and news from individual sports, links to member federations, and downloads available.
United States Submarine Veterans, Inc.
- Dedicated to submariners, submarines, and sub veterans. Reunion information, news, links to local clubs, history, and membership resources included.
Women's Army Corps Veterans Association
- Open to those who have served honorably with the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps, the Women's Army Corps, or those who have served or are serving honorably in the US Army, the Army Reserve, or Army National Guard. Officer profiles, history, event and program information, and related links.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 15, 2014 at 18:18:51 UTC -