become an editor
the entire directory
only in Society_and_Culture/Organizations
Society and Culture
Junior Chamber International
League of Women Voters
Lions Clubs International
Local Currency Systems
This category in other languages:
American Institute for Conservation (AIC)
- National membership organization of conservation professionals dedicated to preserving the art and historic artifacts of America's cultural heritage for future generations.
Cambridge in America
- Listing numerous upcoming talks and events by or for Cambridge graduates, whilst raising funds for the fenland University.
Collaboratory for Community Support
- National project, fostering local community support for holistic, community-wide solutions to social problems. Headquartered in Michigan, with offices in Florida and California.
Community Action Partnership
- National organization representing the interests of the 1,000 Community Action Agencies (CAAs) working to fight poverty at the local level.
Corporation for Supportive Housing
- Helps build housing that lets homeless and disabled people connect to homes, health care, jobs, and the community.
- Official site for the anti drug programs run by local police departments. The DARE Kid's area includes games, kids' news, poems and essays by children, facts about tobacco usage and Daren's memory game.
Housing Assistance Council
- Helps local organizations in rural America build affordable homes. Includes information about loans, technical assistance, training, links, publications and relevant articles.
National Assistance League (NAL)
- A nonprofit organization providing educational opportunities and support services to more than 106 chapters across the nation, involving over 24,000 members. Members are dedicated to improving their local communities through effective volunteerism. NAL establishes and charters new chapters.
National Association of Town Watch
- Coalition of law enforcement agencies, community organizations, and citizens organizing National Night Out, an annual crime and drug prevention event. Includes membership information, event registration, and photos.
National Center for Bicycling & Walking
- Aims to help create bicycle-friendly and walkable communities across North America by encouraging and supporting the efforts of individuals, organizations, and agencies.
National Community Action Foundation
- Advocates for the nation's Community Action Agencies (CAA) and the low-income people that it supports. Features an events calendar, current issues and news, and neighborhood action resources.
National Public Lands Day
- Day for volunteers to help maintain US public lands. Activities include bridge and trail building, clearing invasive plants. Activities report, photograph contest, newsletter, and resources for site managers.
Newcomers Club - Worldwide Directory
- The main purpose of newcomers clubs is to welcome new members and help them integrate into the local community through general meetings, social events, member support groups, interest groups and children's activities.
- Neighborhoods, USA is a national non-profit organization committed to building and strengthening neighborhood organizations.
Patriot Guard Riders
- National organization of motorcycle enthusiasts who attend funerals and honor returning veterans.
The Professional Academy of Custody Evaluators
- Non-profit corporation and membership organization. Primary goal is to register evaluators based on specific criteria and disseminate information concerning the education, training, and experience of registered custody evaluators.
- Identifies talented young adults from diverse backgrounds and advances their leadership skills through full-time, paid apprenticeships in nonprofit organizations and team service projects. Features volunteer opportunities and news.
- Works to preserve and rehabilitate the houses of low-income homeowners, particularly the elderly, disabled and families with children. Includes news, programs and FAQ.
Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Focused on helping families in need by providing affordable housing while children are hospitalized. Provides a list of all homes in the US and Internationally.
Slow Food USA
- Organization devoted to preserving traditional foodways and educating people about food as a center of community. Membership information and press clippings.
SOS Children's Villages - USA
- American arm of a worldwide relief organization that works to bring long-term family-based care to orphaned and abandoned children. Learn about child sponsorship and online donations.
- National project to instruct and inspire people to record each others' stories in sound. How to participate, a question generator, and excerpts of stories from their archives.
Trauma Intervention Programs, Inc.
- In each chapter, citizen volunteers provide support to emotionally traumatized citizens immediately after tragedy strikes.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 1, 2014 at 5:35:04 UTC -