become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Human_Rights
Society and Culture
Bill of Rights
ED Office for Civil Rights
US Commission on Civil Rights
Waco, Texas Branch Davidian Standoff
Regional: North America: Society and Culture: Issues
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: War on Terrorism: Human Rights and Liberties
This category in other languages:
American Civil Liberties Union
- Litigates, lobbies, and educates the public regarding on a broad array of issues affecting individual freedom in the United States.
Amnesty International USA - Human Rights in the United States
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years.
Civil Rights Coalition
- Resource for current news, events, reports and organizations. Also includes information on hate crimes and affirmative action.
- This 23-year-old college student received three life sentences in a drug conspiracy trial based on the testimony of informants and no other evidence.
The Constitutional Defense web page
- Resources on constitutional rights.
Death Penalty Focus
- Non-profit organization dedicated to the abolition of capital punishment through grassroots organizing, research, and the dissemination of information. Features articles, opportunities for action, membership information and events.
FedLaw - Civil Liberties, Civil Rights, Equal Opportunity, and Discrimination
- Detailed list of links to important modern and historic civil rights and civil liberties legislation.
The Guardian - US Constitution and Civil Liberties
- Collected news reports, analysis and commentary along with video, explainers, and related topics and links.
Huffington Post - Voting Rights
- Collected news, commentary, photos and videos relating to voting rights and vote suppression in the U.S.
Human Rights and the Drug War
- Shows the actual photos of people in American prisons today and the case histories of selected inmates whose sentences illustrate the often harsh and arbitrary policies imposed on first-time, non-violent drug offenders.
Human Rights Watch - United States
- Reports, background briefings, testimony, press releases and commentary on the human rights situation in the country.
- Dudley Hiibel was jailed and fined for not showing ID to a police officer; he is appealing his conviction. Details, video, and transcript of the incident, court documents, amicus curiae briefs, and US Supreme Court docket.
The Reality Zone
- A collection of quotes and links to articles that argue there has been a steady decline of liberty, freedom, privacy and justice in the United States.
Save the Montagnard People, Inc. (STMP)
- Organization helping Montagnards of Vietnam's Central Highlands fight religious and political persecution and settle refugees.
United States: Punishment and Prejudice: Racial Disparities in the War on Drugs
- The U.S. war on drugs has been waged overwhelmingly against black Americans, Human Rights Watch charges in this report which includes the first state-by-state analysis of the role of race and drugs in prison admissions.
Usenet soc.rights.human -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 18, 2016 at 9:42:02 UTC -