become an editor
the entire directory
only in Issues/Human_Rights
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Issues: Human Rights
Bill of Rights
ED Office for Civil Rights
US Commission on Civil Rights
Waco, Texas Branch Davidian Standoff
Regional: North America: Society and Culture: Issues
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Specific Conflicts: War on Terrorism: Human Rights and Liberties
This category in other languages:
American Civil Liberties Union
- Litigates, lobbies, and educates the public regarding on a broad array of issues affecting individual freedom in the United States.
Amnesty International - USA
- Ongoing collection of news and reports on the status of human rights.
Amnesty International USA - Human Rights in the United States
- News, reports and success stories for the country including AI Annual Report entries for the past ten years.
Children In The Custody of The INS
- Argues that the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) has a conflict of interest when it acts as both jailer and caretaker of children.
Civil Rights Coalition
- Resource for current news, events, reports and organizations. Also includes information on hate crimes and affirmative action.
- This 23-year-old college student received three life sentences in a drug conspiracy trial based on the testimony of informants and no other evidence.
The Constitutional Defense web page
- Resources on constitutional rights.
Death Penalty Focus
- Non-profit organization dedicated to the abolition of capital punishment through grassroots organizing, research, and the dissemination of information. Features articles, opportunities for action, membership information and events.
FedLaw - Civil Liberties, Civil Rights, Equal Opportunity, and Discrimination
- Detailed list of links to important modern and historic civil rights and civil liberties legislation.
The Guardian - US Constitution and Civil Liberties
- Collected news reports, analysis and commentary along with video, explainers, and related topics and links.
Huffington Post - Voting Rights
- Collected news, commentary, photos and videos relating to voting rights and vote suppression in the U.S.
Human Rights and the Drug War
- Shows the actual photos of people in American prisons today and the case histories of selected inmates whose sentences illustrate the often harsh and arbitrary policies imposed on first-time, non-violent drug offenders.
Human Rights Watch - United States
- Reports, background briefings, testimony, press releases and commentary on the human rights situation in the country.
- Increasing numbers of immigrants are being incarcerated as the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) attempts to fulfill the provisions of the 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and immigrant Responsibility Act.
The Nation - Voting Rights Watch 2012
- In-depth coverage of voter suppression efforts nationwide, in partnership with Colorlines.com
Nowhere to Hide
- Retaliation against women prisoners who protest sexual abuse includes a range of further abuse including rape.
- Dudley Hiibel was jailed and fined for not showing ID to a police officer; he is appealing his conviction. Details, video, and transcript of the incident, court documents, amicus curiae briefs, and US Supreme Court docket.
Police Brutality in the U.S.
- Although variable throughout the U.S., reported human rights violations knows no bounds as far as urban / rural, rich / poor areas. Human Rights Org's details on major U.S. cities.
The Reality Zone
- A collection of quotes and links to articles that argue there has been a steady decline of liberty, freedom, privacy and justice in the United States.
Save the Montagnard People, Inc. (STMP)
- Organization helping Montagnards of Vietnam's Central Highlands fight religious and political persecution and settle refugees.
United States: Punishment and Prejudice: Racial Disparities in the War on Drugs
- The U.S. war on drugs has been waged overwhelmingly against black Americans, Human Rights Watch charges in this report which includes the first state-by-state analysis of the role of race and drugs in prison admissions.
When One Conviction May Mean Losing The Right To Vote Forever
- Losing the Vote, produced in collaboration between Human Rights Watch and The Sentencing Project, presents the first fifty-state survey of the effect of laws taking away the right to vote from people convicted of a felony.
Usenet soc.rights.human -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:25:09 PM EDT -