become an editor
the entire directory
only in Genealogy/Organizations
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Genealogy: Organizations
Daughters of the American Revolution
Society: History: Organizations: North America: United States
Society: Organizations: Lineage
Association of Personal Historians
- Help people preserve their memories and personal history by advancing the efforts of personal historians (to help others record their life stories) and encouraging personal history activities of all kinds such as writing groups or memoir readings.
Association of Professional Genealogists (APG)
- Supporting high standards in the field of genealogy, with nearly 2,000 members worldwide.
Aztec Club of 1847
- Military Society of the Mexican War. Includes history of the war and the 150 year old society, biographies, historical accounts, documents, photographs, artwork and links.
British Isles Family History Society - USA
- Group membership information and resources for family history particularly relating to British Isles ancestry.
Bukovina Society of the Americas
- Organization which promotes a respect for and recognition of the history and accomplishments of the immigrants from Bukovina.
Federation of Family History Societies
- Aims to co-ordinate and assist the work of societies or other bodies interested in Family History, Genealogy and Heraldry.
Federation of Genealogical Societies
- Representing the members of genealogical societies across the United States and other nations.
National Archives and Records Administration
- This is a US based site with information pertaining to USA but has links elsewhere. NARA's Mission is described below. to ensure ready access to essential evidence . that documents the rights of American citizens, the actions of federal officials, and the national experience . . .
National Genealogical Society
- A service organization that leads and educates the national genealogical community and assist members in tracing family histories.
Order of Descendants of Ancient Planters
- The term "Ancient Planter" is applied to those persons who arrived in Virginia before 1616, remained for a period of three years, paid their passage, and survived the massacre of 1622. They received the first patents of land in the new world as authorized by Sir Thomas Dale in 1618 for their personal adventure.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, May 11, 2013 1:24:04 PM EDT -