become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disability_Resources/Government
Society and Culture
Open Directory - Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture: Disability Resources: Government
ED Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services
HHS National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
Regional: North America: United States: Government: Agencies: Independent: Social Security Administration
- One-stop online access to resources, services, and information available throughout the Federal government.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Runs national health care programs that benefit about 75 million Americans - Medicare, Medicaid, SCHIP, HIPAA, and CLIA. Information on coverage and laws, local contacts, printable forms, glossary, and publications.
Consortium of Developmental Disabilities Councils
- A member-driven organization that is committed to representing the diverse interests of Developmental Disabilities Councils and the people with disabilities that Councils were created to serve.
Federal Information Technology Accessibility Initiative
- Section 508 requires that Federal agencies' electronic and information technology is accessible to people with disabilities. Information in Section 508, a calendar of events, accessible vendors, training, coordinators, forums, and links.
Housing and Urban Development (HUD): People With Disabilities
- General information, federal resources, fair housing laws, and HUD resources.
National Council on Disability
- An independent federal agency making recommendations to the President and Congress on issues affecting 54 million Americans with disabilities. Frequently Asked Questions, news, links, and resources.
National Disability Rights Network
- Nationwide network of congressionally mandated, legally based disability rights agencies.
National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR)
- Conducts coordinated programs of research and related activities to maximize the full inclusion, social integration, employment, and independent living of disabled individuals of all ages. Information on programs, grants, legislation, publications, and research.
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS)
- NLS, a unit of the Library of Congress, administers a free library program of braille and recorded materials that are circulated to eligible borrowers by postage-free mail through a network of cooperating libraries. Information on eligibility, catalogs of books and magazines in Braille and audio, and publications.
National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC)
- Collects and disseminates the results of federally funded research projects. Five searchable databases of research, organizations, documents, and Internet pages; an interactive calendar of disability and rehabilitation events around the world; monthly features; and information/document request and publication forms.
Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS)
- Supports programs that assist in educating children with special needs, provides for the rehabilitation of youth and adults with disabilities, and supports research to improve the lives of individuals with disabilities. Information on agencies, programs, grants, legislation, publications, and research.
Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA)
- Develops and implements coordinated programs of vocational rehabilitation, supported employment and independent living for individuals with disabilities. Information on programs, grants, legislation, publications, and research.
Social Security Online Disability Programs
- Information about Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income. How to apply for benefits, health insurance, program information, newsletters, and online manuals.
U. S. Access Board
- An independent federal agency devoted to accessibility for people with disabilities. Accessibility guidelines and standards, technical assistance, training, research, enforcement, and publications.
USDA TARGET Center
- Resource center assisting federal employees with disabilities through the use of assistive technology. Virtual tour, programs and services, TARGET Centers, news and events, laws and regulations, and related sites.
Usenet alt.social-security-disability -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 22:57:27 UTC -